“Great service, very nice. ”
Review of J. Ford's Black Angus - MOVED

J. Ford's Black Angus
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
SW new york
“Great service, very nice. ”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Our waiter John was amazing. Very attentive and had an extensive "specials" list memorized in detail, patiently answering our questions. Crab bisque, variety of bread dip/spreads were great but we are not fans of breads with the really hard crust. Too hard to chew.

The entrees were all wonderful - specials Lake Superior whitefish, Cowboy ribeye, and lobster Mac and cheese. Nice atmosphere, wasn't packed and no wait but it was a Tuesday evening. Fully stocked bar but the mixed drink wasn't anything special.

The menu was very hard to read in the lower light because print was so small. Bring your glasses... Or ask the staff for help.

We would definitely recommend this place for a special night out.

1 Thank whitsend123

IN
“One of the very best in Terre Haute”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

You can expect a varied menu based, in part, on what's in season. Food is sensitively prepared with excellent and attentive service. A good wine list. If you want to treat visitors (especially international guests which I do frequently) to a special dining experience in Terre Haute, this is the place I take them. It is not a large restaurant, so I recommend reservations. Located on highway 41 N. near the downtown area. No parking issues.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank moroccantravel
Indiana
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been several times and it is always wonderful, catch the crab cakes on special. Beef tips, French onion soup and oysters Rockefeller are musts!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jordan B
Auckland
“The best in town”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here with some locals, they said it was pretty much the best eating establishment in town, they were right!

We had drinks at the bar and ate appetizers, everything was great, loved the steak dish.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank slamminsam
Monroe City, Indiana
“The Best Around.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love steaks. And I love steakhouses. Independents and good chains like Morton's and Ruth's Chris, I love them all. I believe this steakhouse has the best steak of any independent steakhouse in the state. Their NY strip is outstanding. Their Black-n-Boursin beef tips appetizer is also first rate. As far as rankings go, this place is far better than the Italian place ranked just above it. And I want to cry when I see that Texas Roadhouse is ranked just behind it. I've not gotten my schedule to coincide with Harry and Bud's, so I can't say how Black Angus compares with it. At any rate, Black Angus and Stables are my two favorite Terre Haute restaurants. Black Angus has the better NY strip- but the scene is better at Stables- live dinner music, outstanding bar, livelier setting. If you want a quieter evening, Black Angus is the choice.

• Visited December 2013