“The best in town”

Dining options: Reservations
Auckland
“The best in town”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here with some locals, they said it was pretty much the best eating establishment in town, they were right!

We had drinks at the bar and ate appetizers, everything was great, loved the steak dish.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank slamminsam

Monroe City, Indiana
“The Best Around.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love steaks. And I love steakhouses. Independents and good chains like Morton's and Ruth's Chris, I love them all. I believe this steakhouse has the best steak of any independent steakhouse in the state. Their NY strip is outstanding. Their Black-n-Boursin beef tips appetizer is also first rate. As far as rankings go, this place is far better than the Italian place ranked just above it. And I want to cry when I see that Texas Roadhouse is ranked just behind it. I've not gotten my schedule to coincide with Harry and Bud's, so I can't say how Black Angus compares with it. At any rate, Black Angus and Stables are my two favorite Terre Haute restaurants. Black Angus has the better NY strip- but the scene is better at Stables- live dinner music, outstanding bar, livelier setting. If you want a quieter evening, Black Angus is the choice.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MichaelEdwards77
Tacoma, Wa.
“Go for the butternut squash bisque.....but, relish every morsel of everything else on the menu”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went to J. Ford's for my brother Richard's birthday. They printed out a menu that said Happy Birthday Richard on it.....That was for starters...then, came the food.....it was so decadent, so good and the service was just perfect. Nothing, however, in my humble opinion could compare to that butternut squash bisque. It made you want to close your eyes and sit in silence just to behold such a beautiful experience for your mouth! Love this place

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank peanutTacoma_Wa_
Myrtle Beach, Sc
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a "find". Exceptional Steak and accompaniments,the strip was perfect! Owners on site and visible project the service attitude that permeates the whole experience. Such a wine selection is rare, especially in such an intimate setting.
In 35 years of travel this is one of a handful that deserves remembering and accolades. Thank you, Jeff and Kelley.
Phil R.
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Phil R
Aurora, Illinois
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Loved this place. It is small and intimate. Excellent service and excellent food.we will definitely be back when we come to town.

• Visited September 2013