“Pleasant but No Frills”

Candlewood Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel while attending the Covered Bridge Festival. It was very modern, clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very large and comfortable and the location downtown Terre Haute was superb for walking to nearby restaurants, bars and shopping. While the price was equivalent to others in the area, we did find it "no frills" -- no housekeeping, no comp breakfast, minimal toiletries. We actually did not mind as we are pretty low maintenance ourselves. They did offer a "cupboard" where you could buy snacky type foods for a minimal price and did have complimentary coffee. Our only complaint was the noise level from the train traffic through the night. The train tracks were only a short distance away and the trains blew their whistles for several minutes approaching and departing the downtown area. This noise might be minimized by requesting an interior or west side room. Unfortunately we sacrificed a good night's sleep for a nice view of downtown. It was nice to have a great bed tho!!!

Room Tip: Request an interior room to minimize train and street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Linda A,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We have sent you a private message to with additional information.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a baseball tournament-this hotel was a great value and close to campus fields. Front desk staff was very helpful and plenty of good bars and restaurants nearby. Only negative was no pool.

• Stayed: July 2013
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Amy,
Thanks for sharing your experience, we are happy to hear you had a great stay. We hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

First of all the staff at the hotel was awesome. Zach, Matt (thanks for hooking up my lap top) and Emily are great at there jobs, but they are also good people. That is a hard combination to find. They were always there to help no matter what you might need or just to say hello or good morning. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. The hotel was updated, clean from top to bottom. The location was great, easily accessible to restaurants, shopping ect... Working out of town is not always a very pleasurable experience and then there is the Candlewood Suites in Terra Haute. If your working, visiting or just passing thru this is the place to stay. Thanks again for everything. I wish you all nothing but the best.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David L
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we strive to treat all of our guest like family and make them feel at home as best we kind. We hope to see you agian if your ever in the area!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I must say Emily at the front desk was unbelievable and so was zack he took my Ipad an got me on the wifi for A stupid customer like my self everyone was just so helpful I don't find thjis any more any where We stayed there from 7/25to8/6 and even the mant/ reaipair man know me I was just thrilled the whole way and Emily front desk started our relationship on the phone days before we arrived and set the tone for the whole time spent there she went above and beyond several times because we seemed to have problems with door cards all the time and even this could not stop our feeling that the staff most zack and Emily were so helpful should be recognized some how we have family there so yes we WILL Return thanks for a great stay 117 room #

Room Tip: 117 was close to the door we had the dog and it was handicap as one of us is disabled and this worke...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for Sharing your experience. We have a great location, a great facility, but our people are definitely the difference! We so happy you had a good experience and we hope to see you again if your ever in the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here July 24-25 '13, then in Reading Pennsylvania July 29-30 '13 I thought it was just one of those cheap priced cheap looking hotel. But when we arrived, we were so surprise to see huge rooms with fully equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, amazing staff!! My husband and I was so pleased with Candlewood Suites that this will be our place to stay from now on, on our future travels, 2 thumbs up Candlewood!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LReth

Thank you for sharing your experience, our guests reviews are the fuel that drives our staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently met friends here for a weekend. None of us had ever been to Terre Haute before. Candlewood Suites is in a beautiful historic building - the rooms are updated, clean, comfortable and lovely in every way. The staff was superb! There are a number of cute little shops close by (a great yarn store, a shoe store having a sale!) as well as a choice of restaurants within easy walking distance. We toured the Clabber Girl museum (about 2 blocks away) and had an incredible lunch at the Bake Shop there. Highly recommend! We had a great time - thanks Candlewood Suites Terre Haute!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon E
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Downtown Terre Haute. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently was in Terre Haute for an unexpected stay and ended up choosing the Candlewood Suites on a whim. I travel all over the world and one thing I have come to believe is that the people make the place. My mind was not changed by my recent stay. It was an esthetically pleasing place, yet it seemed like my treatment overshadowed everything else. They wet able to accommodate all of my needs without seminar to be one bit hassled or annoyed. I had a few issues with my credit card, luckily Emily one of the workers, was patient and knowledgable enough to help me through m problem. For this treatment I figured the least I could was share my experience with this post.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kmoss11

Thank for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again soon.