“Nice downtown hotel!”

Candlewood Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night for a career fair at nearby Indiana State University. Arrived late, had no problems checking in, and used none of the facilities. Room was nice size, with nice furnishings. Very tall ceilings as it's an old building, which made the room feel even bigger. Had two double beds, and I really prefer queens, but I was solo, so no worries. The lack of breakfast is kind of a pain, and the only coffee was the coffee maker in the room. I never use those as you have no idea whether it is clean or not. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites, Terre Haute. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of this property with its unique historical structure. The property was originally built 1912, and was renovated and converted to a hotel in 2008. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is directly across from the Hilton Garden Inn where I prefer to stay but Candlewood was half the price......knowing the experience I had I should have paid the extra $100. Candlewood is a clean/nice hotel. Check in was easy. Quick and friendly staff. However, the noise in the hallways didnt quit until around 3:30 AM!!!

Needless to say I could have stayed on ISU campus in my college students dorm and probably had slept better or the same.

Candlewood has leased out some of there rooms to the ISU campus to due over crowding......so we had the late night party goer's up and down the halls giggling, talking and drinking.

You can try this location if you wish....just maybe ask for a floor NOT occupied by college kids.

I didnt see a restaurant or even a place to have a drink to watch football.....oh well Hilton next time.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a floor not occupied by resident college students.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I'm terribly sorry for the incovenience during you stay. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention, we have made adjustments to ensure every guest has a great stay at the Candlewood. The Candlewood Suites of Terre Haute does not act as overflow housing for any School or University at this time. Again I'm terribly sorry for the problem you experienced during your stay and thank you for giving us the opportunity to make things even better at the Candlewood.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We in town and had booked a room at the hotel to use as a hospitality suite for our employees and customers in conjunction with a nearby Bluesfest. During early afternoon of the event I was notified that due to mechanical issues our room would not be available. We were offered another room and the use of their conference room which worked out better than we had planned. Emily handled the whole situation in a very pleasant and professional manner.

Although we have not stayed there we have several travelers a year through here and we route them all to Candlewood and they come away impressed. Now I can see why. Candlewood has done a fantastic job with the old Tribune Building and the hospitality is above and beyond. A great place to park the car and stay in downtown Terre Haute as there is a lot to do and nothing is much more than a five minute walk. Candlewood and great Hoosier hsopitality are right in the middle.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south east might be a little more quiet and brighter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AJ R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I do apologize for the initial inconvenience, but I'm happy to hear Emily rose to the occasion. We pride ourselves in doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of Guests. Our Historic Building and Central location is a win win for anyone visiting Terre Haute and I'm very happy you were able to enjoy it.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean and staff was courteous and helpful. General manager is down to earth and willing to help out in anyway to make your stay more enjoyable. Staff cleans your room once a week which I prefer rather then dealing with them daily. Lot of college kids here, but none were ever loud enough to hear in our room.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Review, we strive to make make every guests experience as good as yours.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is easily the best hotel in town. Between the location, cleanliness, customer service, and getting to know the new manager......I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I recommend staying here. I have just about everyone I know that travels this area about my experience and I am even trying to make this our businesses place to stay while any of us are in town.

• Stayed: September 2012

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for spreading the word about our property. We pride ourselves in being a home away from home for business travelers. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Incredibly clean rooms, the cookouts with Jessi and Tonya were a lot of fun and they made our stay very enjoyable. Will be back again for business. Jessi was very hospitable and my stay was perfect. Will be back anAytime in town on business for primecoat. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: July 2012
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. So glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, hope you trip went just as well. Currently there are over 300 Candlewood Suites in the US, so hopefully you'll find one along the way on your next trip. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have been staying here for months and the fun atmosphere made the stay worth every penny. Tanya and Jessie made the weekly cookouts fun our rooms were always well maintained. We have more work in the area and this is where we will stay. Tanya and Jessie and all their staff really took care of everybody. I give this place 5 stars in my book and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Tonya M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us. We really enjoy the weekly cookouts too - it is such fun to meet wonderful guests such as yourself. We are so pleased that you were happy with your accomodations and that you will be coming back. We look forward to seeing you again!