“The best stay ever”

Candlewood Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have been staying here for months and the fun atmosphere made the stay worth every penny. Tanya and Jessie made the weekly cookouts fun our rooms were always well maintained. We have more work in the area and this is where we will stay. Tanya and Jessie and all their staff really took care of everybody. I give this place 5 stars in my book and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Tonya M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us. We really enjoy the weekly cookouts too - it is such fun to meet wonderful guests such as yourself. We are so pleased that you were happy with your accomodations and that you will be coming back. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff accommodated my family in two instances. 1) Kudos to Tonya Manbeck...I left my contact solution and Tonya Manbeck, Gen Mgr., was nice enough to go purchase me some at a nearby Walgreens and bring it to my room at 10 p.m. 2) Emily, Mallory at front desk & Sharon (housekeeping) helped my family to feel comfortable due to us having to change rooms the next day. They kept our luggage and took it to the new room and had the new room cleaned expedited. Thanks to all of you for a great weekend and family reunion.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. I've stayed at Candlewoods (3) three times in the past six weeks, and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Tonya M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. It was truly a pleasure to meet you and your family. The entire team thanks you for your kind words and we sincerely hope to see you at the next family reunion!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have lived out of state for the last 24 years so I decided to stay downtown when planning a family vacation week with relatives.

The former Tribune Star building Candlewood Suits (conversion) helped preserve some of the downtown "look" and confirmed my choice. The hotel is well maintained with a great staff and central to local activities such as the "new" ISU bookstore and "Gerharts Bierstube".

Our day trips included Evansville and Bloomington as well as family activities south of town. The new eastern bypass (close to the hotel) and 241 connector saves a lot of time going North and South.

My son and his girlfriend drove up from Savannah,Ga and appreciated the pet policy and pet walking area provided by the hotel. Guests joined us from Indianapolis and Crawfordsville and local friends would gather at the Boo's Crossroads & Cafe for relaxed visiting.

My wife and I walked the downtown shops and peaked into the beautiful "Indiana Theater" remembering the shows we saw as kids there. I even got a haircut next door for about the cost of a gallon of gas here in "California".

Thanks to GM Tonya and her staff.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage try to get close to the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

It was a pleasure having your family (and their pets) with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed our historic building and wonderful downtown location. Your kind words about our staff mean so much - thank you! Guests like you truly make our job a joy - come back soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Candlewood Suites is in a great location north of town close to everything. The room was spotless and decorated nicely. You didn't feel like you needed to clean anything when you walked in and it was really quiet. I usually don't sleep well in hotels but slept like a rock. Staff was super friendly and helpful so the overall stay was superb.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. Out team takes great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service. Comments from valued guests, such as yourself, are the most important tool of reinforcement that our hard work is noticed and appreciated - thank you once again!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Candlewood while in Terre Haute on business. I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and its staff. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. I had the pleasure of meeting the GM Tonya and after speaking with her I knew that she had a genuine concern for her customers to be completely satisfied with their stay. I will without a doubt be staying here everytime I come through Terre Haute and would reccommend anyone to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband has been traveling to Terre Haute for overnight business trips lately, and last week we chose to stay at the Candlewood Suites; the week before we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street (for $40 more). I can honestly say that there was NO DIFFERENCE in quality between the two hotels. The Candlewood has the advantage of having in suite kitchenettes, with a full size fridge, two burner stove, microwave and sink. As an added plus, on Tuesday evenings in the summer, there is a free cookout on the gazebo out back! The service from the front desk was top notch, the cookout a really nice social hour where we met Jesse and Tanya, (two incredible members of the Candlewood team who went out of their way to make sure we were completely satisfied) and the rooms very cozy. Overall, we had a great experience! We will definitely be staying there every trip from now on!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IanandBridget
Tonya M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Downtown. Our team takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service and work hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Comments from our valued guests are the most important tool of reinforcement that the teams' efforts are noticed and appreciated. Jessi and I so enjoyed meeting you and your husband and look forward to your next visit. We will be cooking out every Tuesday during the summer - hope to see you there!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

This pleasant hotel is in an updated old building in a good location. Nice kitchenette. A few minor issues:
1. When arriving at night, desk clerk was unable to provide good directions to the hotel from the freeway. These should be written down for clerk to provide to guests.
2. Queen bed in room was weirdly placed, probably due to unusual shape of room Access to bed was from one side only. Not serious, but not convenient for a couple.
3. No breakfast provided. They offered a 10% discount at Hilton across the street, which has same owners. Why not provide a free breakfast across the street for guests?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caslin
Tonya M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed our wonderful downtown location and the historic nature of our building. I apologize that a front desk attendant was not able to answer your question. Your suggestion regarding directions has been implemented and all future travelers thank you! As a brand standard, Candlewood Suites does not prepare a continental breakfast, but I hope that you were able to enjoy, in your spacious, fully equipped kitchen, the large selection of breakfast items from our Cupboard. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Terre Haute.