“Fun place for breakfast.”

Clabber Girl Bake Shop
Ranked #15 of 232 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I took my daughter to breakfast here while waiting for the farmers market to open. We both got the biscuits and gravy. We both agreed that they were as good or better than mine. The gravy may be even better than mine. SHHH. That being said, they could put one more biscuit on the order and it would be a better value

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located on the first floor of the Hulman and Co. factory and warehouse, makers of Clabber Girl Baking Powder, this place is charming and historic. The cafe sells the excellent Rex brand coffee and has a limited but tasty breakfast and lunch menu with ample seating in an atmosphere of wood floors and sandblasted brick walls adorned with antique posters of Hulman products and flat screen TVS. The adjoining museum houses many photos and artifacts of the company and city, as well as an INDY 500 racer--not to be missed if you are in Terre Haute.

1  Thank EZTVoyager
Reviewed January 12, 2013

For travelers passing through Terre Haute on I-70 and seeking "a great food experience" for lunch or an early afternoon snack, a visit to the Clabber Girl Bake Shop is recommended. "The Clabber Girl Experience" is about 10 minutes north of I-70 and takes visitors through historic Terre Haute. Here, at the original location of the famous Clabber Girl Baking Powder Company is a cafe, gift shop, and museum (no admission charge for the museum).
After a tasty lunch, my wife and I toured the museum, learned about baking powder, and viewed decorated rooms and offices from "turn of the century" Terre Haute. Finally, we stopped at the gift shop, featuring a variety of Clabber Girl products, interesting books, and Terre Haute souvenirs.
Even though our time at Clabber Girl was very short, it was most enjoyable. We would recommend this "Experience" to anyone looking for a great lunch in a historical setting and the opportunity to tour an interesting museum.

2  Thank CPGTheATeam
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I adore the location of this cafe which is situated within a gorgeous historic building. The food is made with high quality ingredients and the experience as a whole is a must when in Terre Haute. They still roast their own Rex coffee and offer cooking classes as well. The little historic museum within the faculty is a nice touch too. I eat go out of my way to visit Clabber Girl and you should too!!

2  Thank Alibarton
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped here at CG on our way to Holiday World. While the museum and atmosphere was unique, the food was average. The adult meals were much better than the children's. This place was more suited for an adult crowd. We all loved the cinnamon rolls!!