“Bed Bugs”

Knights Inn Tell City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tell City
“Bed Bugs”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last summer , a friend and I booked a room here because we were attending a wedding. Upon check in, I was very unimpressed by the entire hotel. The front desk girl was unhelpful and the cleanliness of the front desk was poor.
I am a stickler about bed bugs so it was the first thing I did when I got tithe room was strip the bed to check. My friend helped me and low and behold we found a bed bug. It was hiding just where they do in the seam of the mattress. I immediately got my bag and went to the car.
My friend called the front desk but was told they couldn't do anything about it until maitinence got there in a few hours.
After our wedding, we went back to the hotel to see about a refund. They told us they couldn't give us one because we booked our room through a third party and we would have to get in contact with them for our money. When I talked about the bed bugs, I was basically called a liar. They tried to tell me thy since the doors open to the outside, that sometimes "critters" will find their way in. Thats bull!! I've done extensive research on bed bugs and that was a bed bug. Needless to say, we drove all the way back to Indianapolis that night to stay with his brother. The next morning I alerted both the state and county health dept. I read I'm a previous post that they were told the hotel sprayed for bedbugs. That doesn't work!!!! Please, never stay here!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Swibart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I checked in and went to our room and there was a young child in the bathroom. The TV was on cartoons and she had tea and her bathing suit lying on the bed -- came out of bathroom and some lady came in and took the child out and didnt even acknowledge us at all. The toilet had been used and not flushed. The floor was covered in cereal and crumbs. The bed had sour cream and onion chips in it. The beds looked thrown together. The coffee pot still had coffee in it from who knows when. The cups were opened and used. The electrical outlet didnt work. The only one that did was in the bathroom. Our family styaed in 2 other rooms and there A/C were barely working and the bed and TV was broke. We will never stay here again and I warn you not to either!!!! I am contacting corporate because the ladies at the desk could only say sorry. That doesnt work for all the issues we encountered!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy P
roo1998
Reviewed July 1, 2012

we stayed here due to a family weekend trip to holiday world and this was the only hotel with wyndham rewards open. We arrived at 2:50 and the lady at the front desk was rude and was swearing about the mexican restraunt next door. We got to our room and for 2 adults and 2 children they only left us 2 towels and 3 wash clothes i called up to the front desk and the lady said that the towels were scarce and that she could not get any. So we went to the dollar general in the parking lot behind the hotel and bought a couple of towels. after looking at the room the bathroom door was patched up it looked like someones head had been through it, and this hotel was to be remodled in 2011 i think not. The next day we get up and were eating breakfast and my daughter spilt her oj on the sheets so i tore down the bed and we left to go to holiday world. We came back that evening and took a shower and when my kids were getting into their bed the bed was made with the same sheets.plus the ceiling looked like the upstairs toilet was leaking and it was stained. So i went and talked to the mgr about this and other issues and she told me there is nothing she could do because it is past 11 am and i said well then i want a refund for tonight and she refused. I have contacted wyndham to see what they can do about this hotel because it was not worth all the police and screaming from the bar next door. Dont waste your money or your time on this hotel

Room Tip: The only good thing about this hotels is that the pool was nice and clean.
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel would be fine if you were a crackhead, meth head, or just your average run-of-the-mill drunk. If, however, you are looking for a place to stay with your family DO NOT STAY HERE. There were multiple trips from the police on each night and a LOUD, ROWDY bar in the parking lot. The toilet did not work and the showers were awful. The hotel is FILTHY as well. Found a receipt in our room dated October 2011. If they can't find and throw away a receipt for 8 months I doubt they are cleaning their rooms very well.

As other reviewers have noted DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Marissa
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We booked 2 nights here (price was good, other hotels were booked) hoping the reviews were wrong. Front desk staff was very rude-told me to come back later, she was too busy, room stunk and had white stuff smeared on the carpet in 4 places-would not let my kids walk barefoot, the back parking lot we were directed to had trash and broken glass all over it, we had 5 people and only 2 towels in the room, went to desk they said they wouldnt have any more towels until after 9am (it was about 7pm), there were drunks fighting upstairs til about 1 am, paint was peeling, toilet was clogged up, shower kept going from hot to cold then back to hot the entire time, room stunk (cant say this enough :), cigerette burns in bedding (non smoking room). It was a horrible experience. Luckily, the Ramada right up the rode had a room available the 2nd night-which by the way, highly recommend the Ramada-very clean, friendly staff-the best!!!!! The only good thing I can say about the Days Inn is when I asked for a refund on the 2nd night they didnt argue or question me (must be used to people leaving early).

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is terrible from start to finish. Management does not tell the truth. Nothing works. The neighborhood is terrible. I rented 4 rooms for a Girl Scout Troop & management was told when we called that this was a Scout trip. The first question we asked was if they had ever had bed bugs & we were told no. Then someone told me that they had them a year ago, but they sprayed & replaced all the mattresses. They must have bought the mattresses at the dump because the one in my room had all the sides ripped off & they had stuffed a bed pad around it to hide it.
Room #1 - the best room smelled of cigarette smoke. I smoke & could still smell it. The mattress was sunk in the middle. At least everything worked in this room.
Room #2 - Only had 1 faucet on the tub; therefore, they couldn't even take a shower. The toilet wasn't bolted to the floor & almost turned over on one of the girls. Both mattresses were sunk in the middle.
Room #3 was dirty & the bathroom door wouldn't close. The air conditioner didn't work right.
Room #4 was a fire hazard. The mattress wasn't fit for a dog. The television cable fell out, including the part that ifastened to TV - you had to shove it back in to get it to work.

On top of the above issue, the rooms were very very old & not well kept. The windows were dirty. There is some type of cantina or bar right outside. Drunks were wondering around all night. The police sirens didn't ever stop. Due to being at Holiday World till close we didn't get to the hotel until 9:30 PM. Night clerk was very nice, but completely overworked. Day clerk was on the other hand very very rude, unhelpful & non-apolgetic when I told her nothing worked in the rooms.

I should have rented a couple of camping lots & had the girls stay in tents. It would have been safer, quieter & even cleaner. If this is the only hotel available, I would say buy a tent or head for the next town. You won't get any sleep anyway. They would have to pay me double of what we paid to ever stay in this hotel again. It has put me off all Days Inns.

Room Tip: Buy a tent - you would be better off staying in a tent than this hotel. A rating of 1 is too good f...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Ick. We've stayed in a lot of budget hotels and this was the worst. There is a "cantina" in the parking lot so we had a hard time finding a place to park. Luckily we didn't have too much luggage. We prepaid for the rooms through Wyndham, but they insisted on charging us. We're now trying to get a refund. Because of the bar, it was very noisy, especially when the people from the bar spilled out into the parking lot with their partying. First night wasn't too bad but second night (Saturday) was horrible. Rooms weren't really clean, but the bed was comfortable. Mediocre breakfast food. Worst part was that the Office called at 11:30 p.m. to tell us we weren't still supposed to be in the room. I thought it was a joke, then I got worried it was some type of scam. When I complained the next morning, I was told that he was new and a jerk. He'd somehow managed to run the credit card AGAIN. No one apologized. Even though the Ramada and Holiday Inn are twice as much, we won't ever stay at the Days Inn again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Ferdinand
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport

Been to Knights Inn Tell City? Share your experiences!