“Horrible”

Knights Inn Tell City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tell City
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I had been researching hotel rooms to stay in for our recent trip to Holiday World. This Days Inn looked wonderful online. The rooms looked nice, the foyer looked great and it was in a good location. Boy was i fooled. we pulled into the parking lot around 9 p.m. I went inside and asked the lady if they had any rooms available. Well besides the fact that the receptionist gave me the creeps and was not able to tell me if the rooms had a microwave and fridge, I had asked her to see the room.
I walked into the room and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to turn the lights on. After i successfully accomplished that, i was awestruck by how disgusting and how it looked nothing like the website. There was a small window at the rear of the room with no curtain, no microwave, everything looked dirty, no basic amenities, It reminded me of some hotel you would find in the middle of the desert. I graciously returned the key to the front desk lady and told her that her room was not suitable for me and my family and left.
If you are in need of a place in a bind it would be fine, but was not for me!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I don't understand the negative reviews for this place. Sure its not the ritz, but its not bad. Beds were clean and comfortable. I am very picky as I have a three year old and the room was clean. A few worn places in the carpet but thats to be expected. Staff was friendly and helpful. I think they have a pool but it was night when we arrived and we went to Holiday World early so we didn't check that out. Lots of places to eat nearby - its right on the main road. I would highly recommend this place...we WILL be back.

2  Thank lubokruz
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family and I were looking for rooms to reserve so that we could take the kids on vacation to holiday world of course we booked late because we were not sure if we were even going to be able to go and Days Inn Tell City was the first one that popped up we were in a hurry and didnt check out the reviews before reserving big mistake!!!!When we arrived at the Days Inn and checked in the air didnt work in one room and both rooms were filthy and the lights kept on flicking off and on!!!We were moved to another room that while the ac worked had none of the amenites that we paid for ie refrigerator/stove/wifi wouldnt connect and there was a rat that we heard squeaking all night!We stayed the night of July 3rd there was a wreck,drugs being sold, alcoholics partying in the parking lot. My kids were scared to death! Within the parking lot was a Mexican restaurant Fiesta Grande, which also doubled as a club, which Days Inn guests are given a 10% discount but they dont tell you that they add onto that an automatic 15% tip for horrible service and horrible food!!!!When I get a chance to go on vacation we will stay away from the Days Inn brand altogether and make sure to take the time to read reviews.

2  Thank Martin200437110
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Gross!! This is a horrible place to stay. Overpriced!!! We paid WAYYYYYYYY to much with an online reservation. STINKKKSSSSSS!!! Why didn't we demand a refund? Exhausted from a day @ Holiday World. The soda machine took my $1.50 and I complained to the front office. SURPRISE...they don't give refunds!

1  Thank furr411
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We tried to stay here because we were headed to Holiday World the next day. I know Days Inn is not a top-tier brand, but I could deal with a cheaper room. The parking lot was full of 15-20 year old cars -- one old Lincoln looked like a pimp car from a movie. There is a "restaurant" in the parking lot -- turns out it was a bar with lots of foot traffic. They put us in a room close to the bar. Just in the ten minutes it took to unload the car, I saw half a dozen scary-looking guys walk past. The room was old and filthy. Couldn't plug in my laptop at the desk because the outlet wasn't 3-prong. Couldn't get on the internet. Noticed multiple layers of paint peeling off the door frame. We didn't stay. The young woman at the front desk was very kind and understanding. I told her I did not feel safe staying there with my kids. She offered to move us to a different room. I said no thanks and she gave me a full refund on my credit card. My husband was on the phone with Holiday Inn Express before we left the room. We were fortunate to get their last available room. I will be avoiding the Days Inn brand in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
DaysInnTellCity, Manager at Knights Inn Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

We have gone thru major improvements since August 2010. We alongwith Days Inn franchise constantly inspect our rooms & make necessary corrections for great experiance of our guest.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Yes, I uttered this sentence shortly after checking in to the Tell City, IN Days Inn. We arrived at the Days Inn after a long, enjoyable day at Holiday World, and quickly put our two young children and my mother-in-law into their room with double beds (which at first glance, didn't appear to be too bad), my husband and I headed to our room. Although we had made reservations over the phone with an employee for an adjoining room (and were assured that we had one), we were told that they "don't do that." I asked how we should know that, since someone had told us we could, but received no satisfactory answer. There simply weren't any available by this point. Instead, we found ourselves first entering a weird little inside hallway, and then our room. Immediately, we noticed that the door casing was broken and we could see the hall light through the space around the door. It looked as though someone had broken down the door at some point in the history of the motel and it had never been repaired. To make matters worse, when closed, the drapes left a good three inches of window uncovered. I could see into the parking lot from the bed! I called the office and told them we needed another room--that I didn't feel safe staying in a room where the door was not secure. The clerk said that nothing else was available. I said that we would be expecting a refund and leaving, and after being put on hold, she decided that, indeed, the room across the hall was available. After procuring the key, we entered our second room to find a full-sized bed. I was livid by this point, as we'd paid for a king-sized bed. There was barely walking room around the bed! I dialed 0 on the phone, only to find that the phone was not working. Our accommodations exuded a sort of crackhouse meets Bates Motel vibe. This is when I first uttered the sentence, "I just don't want to feel like I'm going to be murdered in my sleep, that's all." My husband agreed. We marched back to the office and I complained to the two clerks who were there. I asked for the names and numbers of other hotels in the area. They mentioned Ramada, but told me they didn't know the phone number. I requested a phone book. When they couldn't find one, one of the clerks then rattled off the phone number to the Ramada, from memory. My husband called, but they were booked, so we cancelled our room and decided to stay with the rest of the family (we would have left, except we'd have to wake our sleeping kids). We threatened to call Days Inn, and they decided to comp our room. Once we were settled in our room with the double beds, we noticed that one of the legs of one of the beds was broken, one cover was torn, the bathtub had some kind of black dirt or lent in it, music was playing from somewhere late into the night (we weren't about to call the office again, and I was beginning to feel like it just might get me shot), the bathroom door stuck when opening and closing, the parking lot smelled like sewer, there were bugs in the room (both dead and alive), as well as in the office area where we had breakfast.

My husband and I are not picky--we've stayed in 4-star hotels, as well as in sparsely furnished guesthouses overseas (in East Africa, we had to fumigate our room each night and found that we had been sharing space with a scorpion, but we still considered it an incredible stay!). However, I was under the impression that when we booked a Days Inn, we would receive a certain quality with the brand. To see that so many have had similar problems with this motel over the past two years and that the corporate office has apparently done nothing to rectify the issues, I think that I will find it difficult to trust the Days Inn brand again. And I'll certainly never trust my vacation stay to the Tell City Days Inn again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I called several hotels they were all booked up so I looked at all the pictures of the hotel I thought okay not bad for the price. We pulled up to the hotel and I was like to my bf this isn't it. This is a motel he said no this is the address. went in checked in got to our room and I said no way am I staying here it was dirty and so old! But we had to end up staying bc all the other hotels were booked up. I got up went to take a shower there were 2 cock roaches on the bathroom floor! I wouldn't never stay here again even if they gave me a room for free!!! what a dive! !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tell City
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Lewisport
Ramada Limited Tell City
Ramada Limited Tell City
#2 of 3 in Tell City
Holiday Inn Express Tell City

Been to Knights Inn Tell City? Share your experiences!