“Lucky Find”

Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylorsville
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were visiting Columbus for the weekend and needed a pet-friendly hotel with external access for a smoker. We were very lucky to find the RRI in Taylorsville - convenient location, comfortable room, friendly staff, and great price. We will definitely stay there again when visiting Columbus.

Room Tip: King room was very spacious and comfortable for two humans and one dog.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello!! Thank you for your positive response! I am always happy to hear from guests that travel with furry friends. We are a pet friendly motel as are all Redroof Inn locations.
I hope we get the chance to serve you again on your next trip through.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband, myself, and a friend of ours stayed at this property last weekend and I have to say many improvements have been made to this property since the last time we had stayed there. My husband does the state and national putt putt stops that are held in Columbus, Indiana. The room we stayed in was a double. We loved the flat screen tv and the new wood flooring and the beds were much more comfortable than the last time we stayed.

Some improvements I would like to suggest are as follows: We asked to have a wake up call set up for 7:30 am the next morning. That never happened. We were up by 7, but thank god we had been because we never received a wake up call for the morning. My husband mentioned it to the counter person while he got breakfast for us and the counter person was rude and acted as they didn't care and didn't even apologize for it not being set up.

Also the "free continental breakfast" consisted of muffins and rolls. Now I understand that breakfast is "free", however when I had worked for a hotel that had a free continental breakfast there was fruit, cereal, muffins, toast, etc. So that aspect of service needs to be addressed with management.

Other than those issues, we enjoyed our stay and we loved the improvements made to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MCRANE0603
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello and Thank You for choosing to stay with us again! I am glad you like our upgrade to the motel. We strive to always please our guests and make them feel welcome! We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Columbus, IN area.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for nearly a few weeks in March into April.
The location is slightly further away from the outlet mall than some other hotels which may be a concern for some ,but it is only 2 minutes down the road.
The property and staff are superb, I can not find any fault with the property, Trucks do use a nearby truck stop to park up overnight but this is no real problem.
Rooms are comfortable, safe ,secure and the WIFI is great
Staff: are very helpful, the cleaning staff cheerful and chatty as well which is a good sign
I enjoyed my stay here immensely and would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area ,And as an after comment the price is outstanding value for money

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mp186
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello! I want to say it was a pleasure having you for a guest. All the staff enjoyed your visit with us. We hope one day if you are back in the area you choose to stay with us again! Take care!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stay here every year on the way back to Michigan from South Carolina. Nice place. Love the hardwood floors. Very friendly staff and for the price good amenities. Nice field next door to walk pooch.

• Stayed: March 2013

Greetings from Redroof Inn! Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are always happy to serve the needs of our guests and enjoy a visit with our 4 legged guests as well. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here recently and the key things to note are that it is clean, has laminate flooring , located just off I-65 , and was very reasonably priced. I would stay here again. There is a minimal breakfast that is OK .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Taylorsville Redroof Inn. We always enjoy hearing from our guests after departure. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were travelling up I-65 in Southern Indiana and needed a place to stop for the night while travelling with our dog. Red Roof Inn was pleasant, clean, comfortable and welcoming. The property was recently remodeled with laminate flooring instead of carpeting, which added a light, clean feel. Amenities included a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. The price was reasonable with no additional pet fee. We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Greetings! Thank you for choosing our Redroof Inn location. We are always happy to know our guests had a wonderful experience during their stay with us. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am usually a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place kind of guy but when I saw the price and the remodeled pictures of this inn I was very impressed. I've stayed at other Red Roof's before years ago and they were dingy, not safe feeling and just overall not a place I would stay again. BUT this remodeled Red Roof Inn is clean, comfortable and safe feeling. The new furniture is very nice and has a very modern feel to it. The flat screen with a lot of channels to choose is great and the bed is also very nice and comfortable, I didnt want to get out of bed! It's right next door to KFC/A&W and right down the street is the Edinburgh Outlets, which are also very nice. Overall, this Red Roof Inn has made significant changes and I will be staying here again...and the price...lets just say I stayed two nights here for the price of one at one of the places I listed above...can we say sweet? :)

Room Tip: If you're here for business go with the superior king has more space for only a few dollars more...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zac W
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello from Redroof Inn!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit in the area. At our property we strive to put the guest first and make sure everyone is comfortable. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylorsville
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh
Super 8 Columbus
Super 8 Columbus
#7 of 10 in Columbus

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville? Share your experiences!