“Clean, comfortable and pet-friendly”

Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylorsville
“Clean, comfortable and pet-friendly”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were travelling up I-65 in Southern Indiana and needed a place to stop for the night while travelling with our dog. Red Roof Inn was pleasant, clean, comfortable and welcoming. The property was recently remodeled with laminate flooring instead of carpeting, which added a light, clean feel. Amenities included a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. The price was reasonable with no additional pet fee. We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Greetings! Thank you for choosing our Redroof Inn location. We are always happy to know our guests had a wonderful experience during their stay with us. We hope to see you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am usually a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place kind of guy but when I saw the price and the remodeled pictures of this inn I was very impressed. I've stayed at other Red Roof's before years ago and they were dingy, not safe feeling and just overall not a place I would stay again. BUT this remodeled Red Roof Inn is clean, comfortable and safe feeling. The new furniture is very nice and has a very modern feel to it. The flat screen with a lot of channels to choose is great and the bed is also very nice and comfortable, I didnt want to get out of bed! It's right next door to KFC/A&W and right down the street is the Edinburgh Outlets, which are also very nice. Overall, this Red Roof Inn has made significant changes and I will be staying here again...and the price...lets just say I stayed two nights here for the price of one at one of the places I listed above...can we say sweet? :)

Room Tip: If you're here for business go with the superior king has more space for only a few dollars more...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zac W
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello from Redroof Inn!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit in the area. At our property we strive to put the guest first and make sure everyone is comfortable. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!
Tuscola, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We travel with our pet and Red Roof Inn is our motel of choice. We were especially pleased with this motel, clean, quiet, reasonable price and a light breakfast included. Helpful and friendly staff made us feel welcome. We highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello!! We are so glad you and your pet enjoyed your visit with us. We always strive to make everyone feel at home including all our furry baby guests. We hope on your next trip through the area to see you again!
Hilton Head Island, SC
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stopped by the Red Roof Inn after being on the road for many hours. I picked it because I always thought Red Roof Inns were rather inexpensive. The room had evidently been updated with laminate floors, newish furniture and lighting and a flat screen TV. That being said, the mattress seemed old. I would have expected more for 70 plus dollars for a room with one bed. There were also some bugs in the bath area. I was somewhat disappointed, and probably would not return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am sorry you felt the price was too high. We strive to be competiitive in price and offer rates somewhat lower than others in our area. In regards to the problem you had with the bathroom and finding an insect, we at this facility strive on cleanliness. I want to take this time to apolige for this isolated incident. I wish you would have notified the front desk so we could have moved you to a different room.
Once again I apolige that we were not up to expections. I hope if you are back in the area you will continue to stay with us.
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

It's my second time at the Red Roof Inn and nothing has change the staff is still friendly and kind and very helpful this is a must stop. So if you tired stop on in
where they would treat you with res and plenty of restaurants close b right off the interstat. Big rooms plenty of parking and also have truck parking for them big rigs hot showers cold air conditioner big bed so you could snuggle with your love 1

• Stayed September 2012
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello, it was good to see you again!! The staff at Redroof Inn always enjoy our repeat guests and love to hear from them. We are glad you enjoyed our new rooms. We look forward to your next visit with us!! Thank You!!
Reviewed June 24, 2012

the rooms are huge and clean and plenty of truck parking come on drivers come and get you 1 of these nice rooms I don't want to check out right now the bed is soft the shower is hot air conditioner is cold the area is peaceful and safe I most definitely will come back again the guy at the desk had a great sense of humor and very helpful after a long day of driving you need to see a good smile and friendliness he had it all just like the rooms awesome awesome plenty of trucks parking come on truckersif you looking for a room come check the red roof inn out it's worth the money come on !!!!!!!!!!!___!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Hello!! I am glad to know you was able to feel rested and comfortable at our property. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!!
Central Coast California
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed June 2012 for two nights.

The good: Room was clean, remodeled and modern. Had a nice big screen, bathroom was really clean and lighting was good in the room. The bed was really comfortable. Had a fridge and microwave.

The really good: Free Internet was nice. Had a quiet micro fridge for keeping my drinks. Maids do a good job.

The bad: Batteries dead in the tv remote (this will drive a normal person insane because you have to keep pushing the buittons over and over to make it work). Red flashing light on the phone was on all the time despite a call to the front desk to clear it off.

The really bad: The Red Roof is a $40 a night place, but this location charges $60+ so be warned the little town there and Edinburgh nearby has a racket on rooms because of the highway and also the military base nearby.

Final assessment: If you're looking for a clean place to rack out that doesn't have any bed bugs or filthy idiots lurking around, and you want to save money from the higher priced hotels up the street on Hwy 31, then you can't go wrong here. Use your AAA club card and get a discount. Book on their webiste and you can save even more. Expedia and other sites make changing your reservation or getting the frint desk discounts hard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylorsville
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville? Share your experiences!