“Clean, Neat and Highly recommended!”

Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylorsville
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Clean, Neat and Highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I hate staying in motels because of the "motel" smell. This motel was awesome! No smell, new rennovated rooms and extremely clean! The price was also right! My husband does not like to pay high prices for one night's stay, so I expected a nasty motel for the money. Nope! This one is very much worth the money!!!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We found that this is a very nice place to stay! The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. It is also a very quiet place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This Red Roof is one of those crazy places where there are a couple of nonsmoking rooms and then a smoking room or two, etc. That leaves everything smelling strongly of smoke, and it was most unpleasant in the deluxe queen room that I had. The other problem was that the refrigerator constantly made noise even when it was not running. I unplugged it for awhile just to give my ears a break. The room itself was clean, and the bathroom even had ceramic tile on the floor. The bathtub was also a standard length rather than one of the shortened versions featured in so many Red Roof rooms. Towels and wash cloths were quite nice, with the wash cloths being pretty thick. The ice bucket was wet and dirty looking inside. The floor lamp had no light bulb in it, and I left a note for housekeeping about it. The bed was reasonably comfortable and had a fairly thick mattress pad on it. I noticed a small stain on one sheet, and the top sheet was quite wrinkled, which was a little unusual. There was plenty of grass for dog walking, but one had to cross a semi parking area to get to it from my side of the motel. I probably should have explored the other side of the motel to see if the grass would have been closer. There were no trash cans anywhere near the grass for waste disposal. The wireless Internet access in the rooms was down when I visited. A sign at the front desk apologized and noted that it had been down "since the big storm" and they were waiting on a repairman. (No clue when the big storm occurred) There was wireless access in the lobby if one wanted to sit there. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly when I checked in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Longs, South Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations. The room was clean, and in good shape. Breakfast was skimpy but that was OK for a price of $55 on a Friday night. The beds were probably the most comfortable we have had in a few years in any hotel. No back aches in the morning. Would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Was run down, AC was just barely cool and it was 95 outside, Tried to turn knobs to cooler, but they kept slipping, took them off and they had been duck taped under neath, to hold them together.
Husband took out the 2 AC filters to see if that would help. Both filters had dirt half inch deep. Had not been cleaned for a very long time ! He cleaned them and helped some, but we tried to turn the bars without the handles. Made it cooler. Also had hair hanging over large mirror. Very dusty and dirty in corners of room on carpet. Beds have seen WAY better days, tried the far bed and we both rolled to center.
Was a trying time ! Big holes in the walls by sink, scratched walls etc etc. HOT , uncomfortable & dingy ! Would not stay again................

Room Tip: Go on down the road, to get the best room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Taylorsville hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This Red Roof Inn is close to a KFC (right by the parking lot) and an outlet mall and the intersection of two major highways. We stayed here the first night on a trip from Wisconsin to Florida. The hotel is clean, pets allowed and they have smoking rooms. It is a very good deal for the low money. There are no coffeemakers and no hair dryers in the room but you can ask at the front desk for a hair dryer. The breakfast is just coffee and prepackaged danish rolls.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the new building.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WisconsinHazelnut
Ohio
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We attend a horse show every October at The Hoosier Horse Park and we have stayed at the Red Roof Inn the last 3 years. It is located just off the freeway by all the outlet malls. The rates are great and the rooms have always been clean, fresh smelling (despite being pet-friendly) and comfortable. When I made reservations I had requested a room in the detached section that is towards the back of the property. This makes taking our dog out much easier as it is ground level and has plenty of yard. I was pleased to see that my request was honored even though the motel was completely booked!
This past weekend we experienced a loss of electric to our room in the wee hours of the morning on our first night. Some rooms were affected and some weren't. Evidently it was a transformer and the electric company was working on it. Unfortunately, because of the loss of power the smoke detector then beeped all night, making sleep a real challenge. Trying to get dressed and groomed in the pitch dark was also a challenge. We went to the office and they provided us with a flashlight and that helped.

Our second night was less of an adventure, and we enjoyed a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable room. The housekeeping staff should be commended because with no lights on when we left early in the morning, I'm sure we left the room in quite a disarray.

When we checked out early Sunday morning the desk clerk stated she was not authorized to discount our first night by more than $20. She did ask for a cell phone number and stated she would ask the manager when he arrived later. A few hours later the manager Mark Hinton called me and assured me that our first night was complimentary and that he would credit my debit card.

Even though several new motels are being built at this exit I will continue to stay at Red Roof Inn. I have never been disappointed. If you are attending an event at the Hoosier Horse Park, Atterbury Military Complex, or a shopping trip at the Outlet Malls don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed October 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylorsville
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville? Share your experiences!