“great atmoshere”

The Frog Tavern
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 2, 2014

You go there for the atmosphere not the food. Its pricey for what you get. Service great but otherwise mediocre.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Mid-week is often slow for many restaurants; a mid-week visit was so slow (how slow was it?), we were the only customers at atable in the place..

1/2 price pizza & $2.50 draft beers was the deal of the day. The server brought the wrong draft beer, but I took it rather than chance it. The Veggie pizza had a miniscule amount of sauce, the crust was over done. Our other order was a loaded baked potato & salad. A large spud required a double serving of sour cream to make it good.

Taking advantage of the deals of the day, the damage was less than $20.00.

One visit doesn't make or break an establishments reputation; but an empty restaurant even mid-week is not a good sign.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

A good place to stop for lunch or dinner after a day on the lake. Standard bar food menu. Not too much to look at, but good service and decent prices.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I stopped by this place after visiting friends on the lake, thinking it would be a good place to eat before we headed home and we were WRONG. We ordered our drinks (waters and lemonades) and then had to go to the bar to pick them up because our waitress was watching the soccer match. Then she walked by us and said she had just been buzzed and our food was up, and after about a 10 minute wait my dad went up to remind her it was done. Our food came out cold and soggy to which she responded, "I don't know why, I picked it up as soon as I was buzzed." Needless to say next time we will be driving home hungry.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place came very close to getting an "excellent" rating from me! Unheard of, from me, for a restaurant!
If the wait for the food hadn't been so stinkin' long, it would have made it!
I hadn't been here in years, and actually kind of had forgotten about this place, but our first choice for lunch, down the road was serving only buffet, (I guess because it was Father's Day, but why???) so we came here as a second choice. Really glad we did!
Great food! Reasonable prices! Such friendly and attentive service! Unfortunately, very slow kitchen! They were doing a decent business, but were by no means packed! It took at least 25 minutes for the onion petal appetizer to arrive. Then, another 20 minutes for the sandwiches! I can't say that the food was worth the wait, but it was darned close!
My Reuben was excellent! The battered fries were quite good! I also heard others say that the Tenderloin was great!
I will come back for another Reuben, or Tenderloin, or Prime Rib sandwich, the next time that I'm in the area! It was very good! Wish it had been just a tad bit quicker.

Been to The Frog Tavern? Share your experiences!