“Perfect lakeside restaurant”

The Frog Tavern
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been coming to the The Frog for years,but it had been awhile since I'd visited. My husband and I enjoyed lunch here while staying at the Oakwood Resort. The best time to visit The Frog is during the summer when its high season. The atmosphere is upbeat and filled with vacationing people from all over. The food is good and what one would expect for a restaurant like this. Great people watching too. The later the evening gets the more this place turns into a club so you may want to keep that in mind. Dress is casual and during the day its not unusual to see swimsuits worn inside. The Frog is a fun time. I recommend it to anyone that is staying in Syracuse or just driving thru.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

AYCE Friday night fish fry was delicious. Broasted chicken was wonderful. Spicy shrimp appetizer with sweet pepper jelly was unique and tasty. Drinks strong, service efficient and friendly.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nice lake setting, ideal for an outing with friends and family. We look forward to returning to the Frog Tavern.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been going here for years the only time I ever had bad service was right after the new owners took over

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Family favorite for several generations. After an absence, not disappointed today. Brother says - "tender prime rib sandwich" - my husband enjoyed his French dip; Dad finished broasted chicken basket and I loved my shrimp basket. (Homemade chips were amazing!). Wonderful eatery on the delightfully special Lake Wawasee.