“awesome!!!!!!!!!”

The Channel Marker
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Channel Marker is located on the boat channel between Lake Wawasee and Syracuse Lake in Syracuse, IN.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate there for the 3rd time on Sunday evening. We had a wonderful experience. We asked some questions that the new server didn't know the answers to but she was super helpful and found out the answers for us! We LOVED everything we all ordered!! Even though we were the last table in the restaurant we did not feel like we had to leave. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back soon!!! Thanks!!!

1  Thank Lisa K

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is very good-Channel Marker is a reliable place to dine-nothing outstanding but worth staying in town for, vs driving 40-50 miles to anything else which is remotely better.
It is especially nice in the summer months when you can sit out on the porch or dockside at the tiki bar.
I am looking forward to warm weather to take advantage of this great local spot!

1  Thank Lori K
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I have been there a few times since we live close. We go for the atmosphere of being near the water, with the sun on us. Being near a channel, there can be bugs around and sometimes the "smell of the water" but that's how water living is. I haven't tried everything on the menu but I truly enjoy the Islander Perch. It's a summer must for me. We go when it's warm so we can sit outside. The food isn't off the charts but we've never had anything bad. We go for the atmosphere. There's a cool little Tiki Bar in the back area by the water. My only wish is that the service was just a tad better. Not that it's horrible but the servers aren't real attentive most times but believe me, I've had so much worse. We will go back because I have the love affair for the perch and he likes the fish tacos. I recomment checking that (and the Frog) if you're visiting the area.

1  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is rarely very good. But the waitress Trudy, is friendly and nice.
It is the best place in town to sit outside and eat bar food though.

1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love the Tiki Bar, I always think I am on vaca when I eat here...Great place to sit and relax with a nice cold beer...You can drive there or boat in...Fun Fun Fun...

3  Thank DramJana