New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Sullivan

Days Inn Sullivan
Days Inn Sullivan
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
STANLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a family emergency in Sullivan, however I needed to work during the stay. I've done a significant amount of travel and this hotel is overpriced for it's location and the state of rooms, etc. it is the only hotel located in Sullivan and we needed to stay close so didn't have options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Murrayville Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hotels in/near Sullivan are limited in number. I've stayed here a couple of times: Feb 2011 and August 2012. The staff is friendly. I've found it to be clean and reasonably up to date. the continental breakfast is acceptable, other than I prefer skim milk.

I've stayed in non-smoking rooms and they have been OK. Indiana recently passed 'no-smoking' regulations and this hotel has converted to a non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately they don't have all the rooms thoroughly scent-cleaned for a TOTAL non-smoking facility even though they don't allow smoking on site. They have begun the process of getting all rooms to be 'non-smoking' (smells, etc) but haven't completed the task.

Room Tip: I had to rate this very good because of the choices...better than average and good would have been m...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Big Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Came in late, got a smoking room (i dont smoke) the it was not the bad. Construction folks drive diesels, try to get a room on 2nd floor. Breakfast was nothing to thrilling, but fine. People were nice, not too bad for $65.

Room Tip: get a room on 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I were in Sullivan to visit family for three days. We have stayed in Terre Haute many times, but decided we would go ahead and stay in Sullivan this time to cut down on travel expenses. It's hard to touch a decent hotel in Terre Haute for under $100 a night but, I was able to secure a rate of $63 per night at the Sullivan Days Inn. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of our room and the whole hotel. The furnishings are in excellent condition and It was very quiet every night that we were there. We also found the staff to be very friendly. They do not have a pool, but that was not a high priority with us. The breakfast area was small, but had everything we liked - waffles, bagels, muffins, donuts, cereal, coffee and juice. They only serve from 6-9 AM, so make sure you don't lounge around in bed too long!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cpjlaj
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was in Sullivan on business and decided to stay at this hotel because it was close to my colleague. Stayed on a Friday/Saturday. Breakfast cutoff is 9:00am every day of the week. Arrived at 9:10 and teardown was well under way. When I expressed my displeasure, I was told that "these were the rules", and that there was no-one at the premises who would hear my complaint. I should contact Days Inn. Checkout is at 11:00am. At 11:09 a staff member came to my door and reminded me that checkout was at 11:00am and that if I was not out by 11:30 i would be charged for another day. I recommend making the drive to Terre Haute, where by the way I stayed for 3 more days at the Quality Inn. An excellent value (51.99 with a room saver coupon).

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank andy_bbq

Travelers are raving about these Sullivan hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sullivan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Days Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Days Inn & Suites Terre Haute
#15 of 18 in Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 stars 443 reviews

Been to Days Inn Sullivan? Share your experiences!