“A taste of paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Dreamer Hostel On The Beach
Nantes, France
“A taste of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

A relaxing and friendly place, the best in Palomino for sure.. 20 meters from the beach, in a beautiful place, lovely bungalows, very clean, a nice pool and a very good atmosphere with friendly staff.. A special thanks to one of the owner, Esther, for her welcome, and her kindness. She saved my skin from consequences of severe sunburn, at the first moment i saw her, at the check in, insisting to bring me an after sun fro free! could you imagine a better welcome than that? Esther.. great lady, thx for everything, not only for after sun huh? :)
Definitively a great hostel, the Little brother of the one in Santa Marta. Yeah.. It deserves so much its name of DREAMER, cause it is a place for dreamers made by dreamers...
Just one thing.. It lacks ashtrays!!! Probably the only problem there.. So you see, you can go there eyes closed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'd head about the place from someone I met in Madellin. His reviews were full of praise so I was very excited about finslly getting to the place. I'm happy to report taht it exceeded my expectations.

The staff were all incredible and bent over backwards to amke my stay as pleasant as possible. Particular praise needs to go to the wonderful barmen Ben and Jack. I probably stayed a bit longer than I should have thanks to those boys.

The food is also incredible. The owners are italian and I ate some of the best pasta and pizza I've ever had there. The seafood is also great and everythign is good value for money.

A must see.

Room Tip: Be nice to Riysa! She's awesome.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I had heard about dreamers from a friend who told me that dreamers was "the best hostel she had ever stayed at." It did not disappoint. The area is beautiful, the houses and common areas that include a pool and bar/restaurant area are super nice, and the service is spectacular. Although I never met the owner, you could tell how well the hostel was run from the top down. Whether it was booking a taxi, a day trip, a lunch or just providing excellent advice on activities in Colombia, I received excellent treatment. I enjoyed my stay so much that I booked a night at the dreamers in Santa Marta as well where a few of the same employees worked, namely Diego, who on multiple occasions went out of his way to helped me book another hostel in Minca when there was limited availability as well as helped ensure that my travel logistics were straightened out on my different trips to neighboring towns. Can't say enough good things. Amazing food and bar too. Very social. I definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I heard about this hostel from other people who I've met on my journey. It has lovely location, great and helpful staff! The restaurant was great.
The beach is unbelievable
The staff is very friendly and helpful, they are happy to help organising excursions to Cabo de la vela and Punta gallinas! and they can help you to make a reservation in the other Dreamer hostel in santa martha that is also gorgeous

Room Tip: the dorms are spacious
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really loved this hostel, literally 30 seconds from the beach.
The staff were absolutely fantastic, really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful with a great pool, which is perfect if you can't handle the rough waves of the sea!
Although a little quiet when I stayed there; as I visited in low season, the bar had a really nice atmosphere at night and the cool seating areas meant it was easy to get chatting to people, especially during happy hour with the great daquiris.
The dorm rooms are nice and spacious and I thought it was a great touch to have all the hammocks to chill in during the day.
Would really recommend this hostel, thank you to all the great staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank beany_wyatt
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I have traveled the world and never came upon such a wonderful oasis - the pool, bar, BBQ area, kitchen/cook with a menu, gardens and room were on my top places I have stayed. The staff was very friendly, spoke great English and extremely helpful! After my stay there I went to a 5 star to end my travels, costing me $350 a night and I was disappointed because the Dreamer spoiled my senses with their accommodations. I dream of the Dreamer and the the wonderful people I met as a solo traveler. I would go back to Colombia, just to revisit the Dreamer!!!! Truly wonderful!!!! If you travel Colombia - you must visit the Dreamer in Santa Marta and especially in Palamino!!!! AMAZING!

Stayed December 2013
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

this is a stunning hostel few steps away from the beach! Staff are friendly and helpfull, and they really makes you feel welcomed! the private rooms were really setup well and huge.
Food and drinks are delicious - with affordable prices... (you should definitely try pizza on dinner!). Totally recomeded! :

Room Tip: the private rooms are a dream!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palomino
Aite Hotel Resort
Hotel Hukumeizi
Hotel Hukumeizi
#4 of 4 in Palomino
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 2 in Tayrona National Park
The Tiki Hut Hostel Palomino
Finca Escondida
Finca Escondida
#6 of 38 in Palomino

Been to The Dreamer Hostel On The Beach? Share your experiences!