“Great find in I-70 wasteland of typical hi way food”
Review of Taste Of India

Taste Of India
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Spiceland
Springfield, Missouri
“Great find in I-70 wasteland of typical hi way food”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Here I am, traveling across Indiana at lunchtime and my gps finds this unexpected pleasure. Great buffet for $7.99 I've eaten at Indian restaurants all over North America and this food is really good. I had tandoori chicken, dal mahkni and saag. All delicious, with spice level that makes my body hum with pleasure! And superb fresh hot naan brought right to my table by staff -- not the typical cold hard dry naan found so often at buffets.

Ok, yes, it's in a truck stop and there is no ambiance of India ... But the staff and food are authentic.

This will be a regular stop for me whenever I cruise thru Indiana again on I-70.

2 Thank Duckie_MO

Central City, Kentucky
“Racing friends for dinner”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Ate there in '12 and thought the food was good. Had an elder couple doing the cooking. Went back in '13 and they had young males in the kitchen and the food was not as good. Be prepared for sports, truckers, and and a worn setting. I have eaten many Indian meals and the naan here was not as good as it can be.

1 Thank Wandanell
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Unlikely location - great food - and get your truck washed”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

To find decent Indian food in Indiana outside a large city is a bit of a miracle. When I saw a billboard on I-70 advertising Taste of India I could scarcely believe it. It is a somewhat scruffy-looking restaurant with bar, at a truck stop. I would describe it as Punjabi home cooking. Nothing fancy, but good food. The buffet included delicious crispy onion pakoras, tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, chicken curry, an eggplant dish, some lentil dishes and delicate basmati rice. The mango chutney tasted home made, and the carrot pickle certainly was. The naan was a bit doughy, but the rest of the food was great.

We were the only women customers - the others were mainly Indian truck drivers, but service was friendly and we felt comfortable. There's an a la carte menu too, and you can take food away. I will definitely eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Margaret F
Chicago, Illinois
“Indian Resturant in a truck stop. What more can I say”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stoped here on my way to Columbus OH. The place is ok. Don't stop here if you wish to use a clean rest room. This is a family run business. There were three kids playing on their smart phones when I walked in while dad (I am guessing) was dozing in front of the TV. I did see two ladies come out of the kitchen, I am assuming Mum and Grand ma.

The food was fresh and definately tasted good with the right spice level.The Chicken peices were good. While the kids were distracted by their toys, they were responsive when one got their attention. I did feel discomfort after eating here for the rest of the way. Probably too much baking soda in the food?

This is a full service BAR and believe the main clientele are truckers. Would I stop again ? Probably not.

• Visited August 2013