All reviews kilos detox teacher dynamic sue bay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2016

When you book to stay at KI Health Retreat, you're not just paying for a room with a view (and a beautiful one at that). You're investing in just 5 short days with Sue McCarthy that will change your life.

I thought I was healthy..... I'm active and eat an organic wholefoods diet.... however I was burnt out, overweight and generally unhappy within myself.

Five days absorbing Sue's life experience and knowledge, and trusting in her detox process, has flipped my health and my thinking.

I checked out a different person.

Sure I was 3 kilos lighter and 32 cms smaller, but my mindset is back to positive and I honestly believe that I can achieve anything.

Sue is a straight-talking, no BS kind of woman and will honestly tell you what you need to do to turn your health, and your life, around. If you want to live a long, healthy life full of vitality, do yourself a favour and place yourself in Sue's hands. You won't regret it!

Date of stay: December 2016
3  Thank Laura T
Reviewed December 19, 2016

Many things not as advertised on the website. I recommend asking her lots of questions beforehand if you have particular needs - however if my experience is typical, be warned that assurances given didn't translate into being appropriately accommodated at the retreat. I'm not sure why so many people rave about it. There were some good things of course but not for the premium price you pay. The retreat is only geared towards particular types of people/customers. In hindsight on Day 1 I should have asked to be taken back to the airport - each day I made the wrong assumption that it would get better.
Regarding rooms and facilities - quite basic. Cold in winter (though exposure to cold is part of the program).

Room tip: Double room has ensuite. Other rooms have private bathrooms on the other side of the hall. Depends how close you want your facilities.
Date of stay: August 2016
3  Thank ChicaSmile
Shelley C, Guest Relations Manager at Kangaroo Island Health Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2016

Hi, sorry to hear your stay at KIHR was not what you expected. We do try to comprehensively describe the retreat on our website, including a typical day's activities, accommodation, facilities and other guest reviews. However, it is always a unique experience as the detox itself can be quite challenging and different for each guest. The pricing is all-inclusive for 5 nights and days on the island, return flights from Adelaide, all detox meals and program facilitation, so you can focus solely on your health as soon as you arrive. If there's something specific on our website that you think needs addressing, please send an email to vitality@kihealthretreat.com

Warm regards
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat

Reviewed January 12, 2016

This is a life-changing experience!! If you really want to change your life, break old habits, and learn about health and nutrition, then Kangaroo Island Health Retreat is the place to go. This is my second visit to KI Health Retreat. I did a Mini-Detox in October and I loved it so much, and found it so beneficial, that I bought my partner back to do the Dynamic Couple Full-Detox at the end of December. I am already planning my next trip! Sue facilitates the whole week, and is with you every step of the way. During your time there, Sue teaches about exercise, nutrition, how the body functions, and much, much more! She is an amazing woman, with so much knowledge and experience that she is more than happy to share. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! A++++

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2015 via mobile

KI Health Retreat is an authenticate health retreat offering a bespoke live-in 5 day fasting programs supervised by Sue. I've learnt so much and feel so much better. Could have stayed for another 5 days and think I will come back soon. Loved ths sauna so much that I went out on Saturday and bought on. And I can't go without my body brush ... love the way my skin feels. Thanks Sue.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cruiser511098
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I came back to WA after my week stay at KI and was absolutely blown aware. I am 47 years old and thought I knew about nutrition, what you should and shouldn't eat and why. I soon found i did not. Forget the 8 glass of sipping water a day, at KIHR Sues teaches you everything. I went there with the attitude i wanted to learn something new. I recently lost my 26 year old son to suicide and I was low, had put on 4 extra kilos due to a no care attitude and low moods. MY heart was aching on the plane ride over there and i couldn't care less if it crashed. I listen to what she said and did what I was asked to do. I lost 4 kilos in a week and have keep it off, with my cleansing breakfast's and lunches. THe walks are beautiful and there's must more. The extras are a bonus. But the most valuable part was the information and loving that this woman gave me, by walking her talk. She is the most down to earth, open person I have ever met. A true Aussie character with a heart for health and you!. The money is well worth every penny! The rooms have heaters and are very clean, safe and personal. When you meet Sue, don't judge a book by it's cover, she lived life, (Good God!) and she'll be with you all the way, even if the plunge pool is cold, brr! Ha Ha. I could go on & on...You will get more than you think!! Wendy R , Perth

Date of stay: July 2011