“Very nice place, close to the Speedway and full of charm”

The Speedway Legacy Inn & Events
The Speedway Legacy Inn & Events
Ranked #1 of 1 Speedway B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had a great time at Speedway Legacy Inn. Stayed there for one night only this year during Indy 500.
It's very close to the track and at the same time quiet if that's not your thing.
Staff was very accommodating, food good, room huge. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Art B

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The owners of this property really make the difference. They went out of their way to be extra accomodating to us, as we were in town for a convention, and had odd hours that we would be checking in and returning. They even went out of their way to make sure my son (who is a picky eater) would have something he would enjoy at breakfast! It was a nice, quiet property, very clean, and inviting. It may be rated 3 stars, but I would rate it 10 hugs!

Thanks again! We will DEFINITELY return!

3  Thank Apey1000
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were part of UberOmi's group that was there for a nephew/ cousin's wedding. We were very impressed with the B&B; the large Plantation style home with it's decor of early to mid 1900's altho the furniture is newer, The floors and baseboards had been recently been lightened by sanding and revarnishing. The dining room furniture looked redone. Everything looked very clean and taken care of. The bathtub in our bathroom was small,but had whirlpool jets in it. The kitchen looked very modern. For breakfast the owner went out and brought fresh bagels. She had yogurt and orange juice in the refrigerator as well as coffee makings on the counter. For breakfast most of the guests stood around the kitchen island eating and talking just like at home. The owners allowed us to visit with our relatives in the social room after the wedding. We would definitely stay here again. Martha and Dick Garbers

1  Thank Martha G
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Speedway Legacy Inn is a large home built in the 1900's and is decorated as such. It is ideally located in a nice neighborhood away from all the hustle and bustle of a main street but is within about 2 miles from the Indy Motor Speedway. It has that "Home away from home" feel. We were in town for a family wedding which took place about 3 miles from this Inn and we booked 3 of their 6 rooms. We each had rooms with a TV, refrig and microwave in them. They were all nicely decorated for the time period of the home. The beds and sofa beds were all very comfortable. The Family Room on the third floor is a good sized room for a family or friends to spread out in. Continental breakfast was served. The owners were very friendly and most accommodating in so many ways. There were a couple areas on the first floor to sit and socialize with others. There is a nice sized room on the main floor that would be ideal for small gatherings like bridal or baby showers or small family get-togethers. The house has many options for rooms and this would be a great place to rent the whole house for a group of friends or family to have a fun time together--something we may look into down the road for a small family reunion with our "Hoosier" relatives. It took a little convincing to a couple family members who had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and wanted to stay in a hotel with a pool, but since we really did not have time to swim due to the wedding, the bed and breakfast idea grew on them and we all had a great time here. We all felt is was better to support a small business owner than a big chain hotel. The owners are making small renovations along the way and plan to have outside a campfire pit in the near future--something that one cannot get at a hotel.

1  Thank UberOmi
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I would recommend this place cause I like the people here and the house is excellent for the people but the worst thing was the stairs I mean I love to exercise but it' was a very good place to stay at in Indiana very good place

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here for 7 days (March 26-April 2nd 2014) and have told many of my friends that IF they're ever in the area-especially my racing community friends-to give Julayne a call (the owner). The Speedway Legacy Inn is a beautiful; a mystical Plantation style home with many added treasures. It wasn't until the 5th day of 7 that I noticed the coy fish swimming in the little pond with statue situated at one end. There's also a gazebo in the front yard to sit under and take it all in, on those rainy days.
The room I stayed in was 'right up my ally' with that shabby-chic /vintage feel. Cute handmade quilts and TONS of storage area with 3 cute dressers and a nice-sized closet. I stayed on the second floor and had a peaceful nights sleep every night.
The thing I liked most was that it fit my budget and she allows guests to bring there own food and drink. Although as a bonus, there was coffee and muffins available in mornings usually. I also like that you don't get bothered by the Inn keeper or staff..they're in the office 90% of the time and you don't see them often…unless you need to. If so, I'd feel welcome to knock on the office door. She even let me print out an important document and fax something during one of my last minute, forgetfulness occasions.

Anyway-YES, I would recommend the Speedway Legacy Inn & Suites. It's also very close to the most prestigious race track in all of the USA- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

Room Tip: Race fans and teams- don't forget to check this place out if you're in the Speedway/Indianap...