TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Main
Description: The Hill family opened Dawson's on Main in June of 2006. We are known for friendly service, great hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, local craft beers, and the best Hoosier tenderloin around. Come buy and introduce yourself and see what you have been missing. We are a full service restaurant on beautifully renovated Main Street. We are conveniently located directly across the street from the most famous racetrack in the world in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Come check us out.
Reviewed October 8, 2019

This is the third time we've ben here and Dawson's never disappoints. My wife loves the cholocate martinis. I had the meatloaf on this trip and it was fantastic. Highly recommend this place. We got in without reservations. But I recommend calling ahead if you don't want to wait. It can get pretty crowded.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (250)

Reviewed October 2, 2019

Passing through on a road trip and stopped for lunch. One of the best decisions made during the trip. I had pretzel breadsticks and French onion soup. Both were fantastic. And the staff were over the top friendly!

Reviewed September 28, 2019

Chris from Dawson’s was informative and helpful to provide catering at the last minute. It was a little pricey, but worth it!! :)

Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

I should have known better than to order fish. It wasn’t particularly fresh. The tomato slice was inedible. It was really just average.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

We met another couple here for lunch a little before 1:00. I got the onion soup to start the meal. Shortly after they brought the soup they brought my main meal. I had stroganoff. We were only half way through when the waitress wanted to know how many wanted boxes. We were still eating and had no idea. Then before we were through she brought the check and said there was no hurry. She did bring refills but apparently left because we talked a little after the meal and never saw her again.