TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Main
Description: The Hill family opened Dawson's on Main in June of 2006. We are known for friendly service, great hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, local craft beers, and the best Hoosier tenderloin around. Come buy and introduce yourself and see what you have been missing. We are a full service restaurant on beautifully renovated Main Street. We are conveniently located directly across the street from the most famous racetrack in the world in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Come check us out.
Reviewed September 1, 2019

We had family in town for the National Drags staying in RVs at the Raceway. We needed a place that could seat 12 people at one table and that would not rush us. We had people coming from every side of Indianapolis and from Franklin, Indiana and you can never tell how traffic will be. Dawson's on Main took care of us in every way. They seated us in a side room by ourselves. Our server, Jeremy was the best. All the staff was friendly. Everyone's food was cooked to perfection. My husband's tenderloin was the best he has ever had. And my fish and chips were excellent.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (250)

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

This was the best dinner I had in Avon. I had savory pork chops that were as good as I’ve ever had. Friendly people, very reasonable prices and excellent value. They even have a sense of humor: T-shirts that read “Avon, a drinking town with a racing problem.”

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019

There were 6 of us. The salads were served....good, large, fresh....but not much dressing. We, all, were about 1/2 way through the salads and the entrees were served.....for most of us, the entrees sat, GETTING COLD, while we finished the salads. NOT GOOD!

Fish & Chips.....good fish, sizeable serving....chips were nothing special....'regular' french fries.....why not some 'kettle' chips or similar chips a little thicker???

Pot roast was not bad, but could have been better and had a good vegetable selection and a lot of gravy.

Beef Stroganoff.....I make MUCH better at home.....when I go out, I want to have something better than I can do myself.....no onions, that I could ascertain,VERY few mushrooms, very limited sauce and a lot of noodles.....the meat was good & tender...probably the same meat as the pot roast.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

We always make Dawson's our place to go for lunch and dinner!
The pork tenderloin sandwich is amazing!
We have ordered most everything on their menu, and have never been disappointed!
The staff is friendly, atmosphere very comfortable!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Wow, The Service, William was great! The Food! The Taste and the Atmosphere! The Martinis incredible! You can't go wrong with this place.

Date of visit: May 2019