“Good food and drinks”
Review of Dawson's on Main

Dawson's on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Dawson's on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Speedway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Main
Description: The Hill family opened Dawson's on Main in June of 2006. We are known for friendly service, great hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, local craft beers, and the best Hoosier tenderloin around. Come buy and introduce yourself and see what you have been missing. We are a full service restaurant on beautifully renovated Main Street. We are conveniently located directly across the street from the most famous racetrack in the world in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Come check us out.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

When the race season is here, I always come up here the have my dinner and drinks , I like the food here they prepared, I think the service is quite good and fast even during lots of people in that dining room and bar especially the Indy 500 race and Brickyard 400 got many people around here , I still come every year to eat their food .

There are newer reviews for Dawson's on Main

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Got to the restaurant. No one was there except for 2 customers. Waited for the one guy who was working to seat me. Took 20 minutes after my friends got there to take our order. After a really long time waiting to get our food we were greeted by the manager with the statement that the table we were at had a reservation at 6pm and we needed to finish up! When we asked for the manager, it was the same woman that asked us to leave, even before we were all finished! When we asked why and complained about our wait she said it wasn't her fault. When we said we wouldn't be back she stated that wasn't her problem. I have never been treated that way! Shocked, because this place used to be so wonderful. SO SAD!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've eaten at Dawson's a few times now. Each time has been similar in experience. Abominable service: 20 minutes to get an iced tea (which was luke warm by the time I received it because the ice had melted) and 30 minutes for appetizers. The other major issue is the poor quality of the food for the price that is paid. I've had much better steaks at other independent steakhouses around town for similar prices. There are also any number of neighborhood eateries that serve good-to-great steaks along with their usual fare.

Part of the problem is the small-town atmosphere, which one would expect to be respectful and friendly. That is simply not so in Speedway. There is a 'cheerleader squad' that ensures that anything said about the town is positive and supports whatever the "Powers That Be" want to do. Any criticism is met with vehement, vile arguments over and over and over.

It's a bit sad for me to have to say this, but if the owner, Chris Hill, would listen as much to the not-so-positive critiques as he does to the official party line, he could turn his little steakhouse into a nice neighborhood eatery.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had lunch here after visiting the Speedway. Great choice. The service was excellent and they had a variety of menu choices that we all enjoyed. I would highly recommend trying it out and appears some of the locals like to visit as well

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my first visit to Dawson's after having a local friend rave about the place. It was bustling with a lunch crowd mix of business suits and casual diners. I had the beef stroganoff which was very good. My friend had the tuna melt which came with a heaping side of delicious french fries. The ambiance is big city with a fountain wall in the back of the main room. You can see the actual Indianapolis Speedway from the front windows of the restaurant. A big plus if the sport of racing is your thing. Dawson's is definitely worth a try.