“Lunch Recently”
Review of Dawson's on Main

Dawson's on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Dawson's on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Speedway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Main
Description: The Hill family opened Dawson's on Main in June of 2006. We are known for friendly service, great hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, local craft beers, and the best Hoosier tenderloin around. Come buy and introduce yourself and see what you have been missing. We are a full service restaurant on beautifully renovated Main Street. We are conveniently located directly across the street from the most famous racetrack in the world in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Come check us out.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm not sure what I'm missing when I dine here, but I have never experienced a four or five star dinner or lunch. I recently had lunch here, ordered the chicken Tony's Favorite nachos (no price on the menu). The nachos were cold, chicken was cold, the flavor was decent, but how hard is it to serve up hot nachos? I have had dinner with the hubby here a couple times in the past, and the only memorable item on the menu was the calamari steak appetizer.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Excellent restaurant, in door/external decor and atmosphere. A good place for business, friends, family or any occasion to meet and eat. Prices are very reasonable for the high quality of food and service. Cannot go wrong on any meal or food item you order, Chef does a tremendous job of ensuring consistency in preparation and overall 4 star quality of meals. It is a location I frequent for both business and family and not once since opening have I ever had anyone provide negative feedback about the experience. Only area of opportunity is location, not bad, very clean, quite and pleasant surroundings but nothing special as far as view around Dawson's. It is located by nice community of Speedway neighborhood, industrial area and Indy race track. All of my business associates enquire on return visits to Indy about going to Dawson and I am always happy to oblige.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although a westsider growing up near Speedway and a Speedway resident for a couple of years as an adult, I hadn't seen the downtown Speedway area in approximately 15 years. I was blown away with the renovation. To top off our visit, we opted to try Dawson's on Main for lunch.

Let me start by stating that I prefer independent restaurants to chains, so I jumped at the chance to sample Dawson's. We had a choice of inside or outside, and today would have been a perfect day to sit outside, especially since we noticed a couple of race cars (or the same race car twice) make their way down Main. The clientele was a mixture of people enjoying summer leisure time and professionals in suits. The Speedway area had gotten pretty sketchy 15 years ago, but this little area, at least, felt safe and was quite beautiful.

The menu provided for an assortment of appetizers, salads, and sandwiches with a few entrees listed. We all opted for sandwiches -- my daughter ordering the tenderloin, my mother ordering the chicken cordon bleu wrap, and me ordering the Dawson's black & bleu. My daughter also ordered their French onion soup. Since my husband runs a restaurant, I'm a food snob and hoped everything would taste as wonderful as the menu descriptions.

I was not disappointed. My daughter's tenderloin was huge and accompanied by a wonderful special sauce. She also raved about the French onion soup, which she said rivaled what her chef father makes. My mother's chicken cordon bleu wrap was fantastic, and my black & blue sandwich which consisted of shaved prime rib, carmelized onions, and special sauce on a wonderfully-fresh bun was incredible. This sandwich was a bit spicy for me, but the fact that I kept eating even when the sides of my mouth stung a little should tell you something. I was stuffed after the first half but just kept on eating until I finished every savory bite.

Our meal for three people, including drinks and extra soup, came to about $13 per person. It was well worth it and so much more satisfying than spending the same amount or more at Applebee's up the street.

Well done, Dawson's on the Main. We will be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

A good place to meet friends for dinner. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious and serving size was very large. The server was very busy and we had to wait after being seated for her to come to the table. After ordering the food came within 15 minutes. I will go back to Dawson's on Main.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had heard good things about Dawson's and happen to be nearby and decided to give it a try. When we looked at the menu my wife and I thought the prices seemed a bit high, but after receiving our order......well...it was well worth the money.
Large portions, great tasting! We tried each others entree and we agreed we'll be back.
The restaurant was very clean and the staff was friendly. I would highly recommend Dawson's. So if you are near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway give them a try, you'll be glad you did.