“Excellent Food!”

Bistro 933
Ranked #13 of 328 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sit back, relax and prepare to be delighted. Proudly using local, fresh ingredients, our dedicated chefs create upscale, comfort food within our scratch kitchen. A truly memorable evening awaits whether it's with colleugues, family or a romantic evening for two.
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We visited this restaurant because we had a Restaurant.com certificate. We almost didn't stay because there weren't many people there at the time and the atmosphere was dull because of it. But we decided to stay because the server said the food was very good and the chef's take pride in their creations of each dish. She was right! We really enjoyed our meals, they were sooooooo good! I had the roasted duck breast with roasted grapes, pistachios and chevre cheese, my husband had the blackened barramundi. We both loved our meals. The prices seemed right for the portions, $25 and $22 respectively. The meals came with vegetable, soup or salad, mashed potatoes or rice. I had a chicken noodle stew and my husband had a chili that the chef had entered into a chili contest earlier that day. It was made with 4 types of pork and both were prize winning in our book. Everything is made by their chefs. This was our anniversary and because we couldn't decide on which dessert to get, our generous server brought us both a different dessert, one of which was complimentary. The bananas foster was tasty and the honey cheesecake also. The only issue was that it was very cold in the beginning of our stay, however they increased the heat and eventually the room became more comfortable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was nice to enjoy the chef's offerings...they were very creative with the blending of unique flavors in their dishes. Give them a try...you won't be sorry! I am a very picky about my food, as I enjoy cooking myself, but this place has food that you will certainly enjoy. And it's different from the commonplace offerings at most establishments. We will return to enjoy the chef's cuisine again, even without a certificate. It was that good. I look forward to trying some of their other dishes.

1  Thank travel-lady2270

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Very good food and good service which is not always expected in a hotel. They don't try to rush you when ordering or if you just want to sit and relax for a bit. Highly recommend their brussel sprouts appetizer (i hate brussel sprouts but these were very good)

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Ate dinner here while staying at the Inn at St. Marys next door. Food was excellent and fairly priced.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Had the Burger and battered fries and is one of the best burgers I've had. 3 beers later the bill was only $28. No way you could beat this deal.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Though the food is decent, you are unable to have much privacy since the restaurant is within the public space of the lobby. I was with a friend and we felt as though we were on display. If you want a quiet get away., this is not the place!

Been to Bistro 933? Share your experiences!