“A meal from heaven”

Bistro 933
Ranked #14 of 324 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sit back, relax and prepare to be delighted. Proudly using local, fresh ingredients, our dedicated chefs create upscale, comfort food within our scratch kitchen. A truly memorable evening awaits whether it's with colleugues, family or a romantic evening for two.
Reviewed December 27, 2016

Driving cross country from New York to Oregon, this was the place recommended for delivery to the Inn at St. Mary, our stop for the night. To say we were ready for a wonderful meal is an understatement. After perusing their menu, we ordered the tagliatelle with fresh roasted vegetables, the wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and roasted heirloom tomatoes, and the Thai chicken and shrimp over wild rice. Dessert was eggnog creme Brule. A nice chardonnay and a malbeck. Oh my - everything was out of this world delicious!! The chicken was butter tender and the shrimp plump and juicy. Beautifully plated and presented. If only we were staying for another night. This incredible meal will fuel us forward when we order yet one more pizza. Thank you, Bistro 933!

1  Thank Kathy V

Reviewed November 28, 2016

Bistro 933 offers American fare such as burgers, steak, seafood and chicken. However, they have have interesting looking specials (lamb fajitas). I ordered the vegan spaghetti squash, and my husband had the Kobe burger. Both were delicious. We were so happy to have high quality food so close to our hotel - especially after a long drive from Cleveland. We are picky about where we eat, and this was perfect. Only one small issue with the experience, the restaurant is being remodeled so they have temporarily set tables up in a conference space with a small bar. Not the greatest for ambience, but the food sure makes up for it.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

One of nicest food places in South Bend. Food very tasty and nicely offered. Attentive service. Had Kobe burgers: big and delicious with large potato fries. Bistro located inside Hilton Garden Hotel. Convenient with well-staffed bar. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank j_p_bart
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed dinner together at Bistro 933. We had the 4 oz. Filet mignon and the burger meal. Both were clearly fresh beef and nicely prepared.

The quality restaurant was indeed a pleasant surprise as it is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn. Due to the location, however, distractions from the hotel crowd detract from the enjoyment of the meal.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

Went here last week. My husband had got a restaurant.com coupon. It was worth it. Food was good and not your "typical" chain restaurant fare. I had the lobster tails and my husband the thai chicken with shrimp. Both were good,the thai chicken would have been a bit spicy for me but for my husband it was fine. The lobster was cooked well-not over done as is my worry with ordering it out. They didn't have the Creme Brulee quite ready yet (we were there about 5:30) so we didn't get a dessert (there were two other choices but neither enticed us.)

The biggest "problem" is the restaurant is really in the lobby of the hotel. It's kind of L shaped so the part back by the bar is "out of the lobby" but then you have the TV screens to content with. Still much quieter than an Applebee's Chili's type venue (I get tired of all the noise while dinning.) We will probably go again, nice to have another option out of the way (not on Grape or Main.)