Quality Inn South Bend
$141
$136
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$95
$80
SleepInn
$119
$104
Hotels.com
$59
All reviewsroom was cleannotre damean older hotelbed frametub showerappeared cleanfollowing morningfront desk employeeswaffle makergreat weekendexcellent stayconvenient locationwould stay againrefinishingcerealcampusinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was a little weary when I found out my company booked me here after reading some of the reviews. I was wrong to worry, the place was nice. The young man at the check-in counter was super friendly. I was at the very end of the hotel, which had an access where a key-card was used; I found the door to be secure, which was a relief. The room was clean and updated with a comfortable bed, pillows, bedding and a flat screen TV. The refrigerator was tucked away in a cabinet and there was a small microwave. Water pressure was great (big deal to me) and the bathroom was spacious; the sink area was outside of the bathroom and had a large counter area. In the evening the parking lot was properly lit as were the exits. I did not hear any noise in my room (ground floor) and slept soundly without any loud interruptions. At breakfast there were a variety of breads, muffins, pastries, waffles and cereals. For beverages there was coffee, tea, milk and 2-3 juices. I did not use the pool or the fitness center.

My only complaint was the Wi-Fi. I had a very weak signal but I was able to email my work so I was happy with that.

If I return to this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After a long day on the road, and checking into a room at 3 a.m., I really tried to be understanding when I discovered the headboard on the bed was broken off and had partially fallen behind the bed, and that neither lamp on each side of the bed worked. The bed itself looked clean and I was already in my PJ's, so I opted not to change rooms. And I really tried to be understanding when I got up a few hours later that same morning and got a good look at the bathroom. It was filthy. Mildew in the shower stall, dirty mirror, hair and filth hadn't been wiped off the sink faucets, dirty handprints up and down the bathroom door, old coffee or soda stains on the wall near the tv, etc. Since the room receipt hadn't been slipped under the door like the clerk said it would be, I stopped by the desk at checkout for a copy. I did (politely) report the housekeeping conditions, and the clerk immediately applied a small discount to my receipt, which I had neither asked for nor expected. I did not check the receipt. My mistake! You see, I had paid in CASH at check-in. When I arrived at my destination, I checked my bank account online. Then I dug out my receipt. It was a mess. Besides having paid cash in advance for the room, the amount of the room charges was also charged to my bank card, TWICE! I received no satisfaction when I phoned the hotel. While I was staring at the two charges on my bank card, the clerk assured me that there was only ONE charge (held out amount) on my card and that IT should drop off in a couple of days. What about their other charge ?????? What an expensive 5 1/2 hr. nap! I guess it would be "sour grapes" to say that the bagel was so dried out that the bottom crunched like toast? I definitely would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
southbendin, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your recent stay at the Quality Inn South Bend. We are always interested in our guest's perspective during their visit and use this information to improve our product and/or service. All areas of the hotel benefit as your concerns are addressed by maintenance personnel, housekeeping staff, and the general manager.
I know that I have spoken with you directly about these issues and have heard nothing further. I assume that the bank has caught up with everything and that your holds have been removed from your card.
Again I am very sorry about the issues that occurred while you stayed with us, and I assure you they have been address.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed for the night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and came with free Wi-Fi, refrig, microwave, and large TVs. In the morning, were had a free breakfast and an express no hassle checkout. Overall an excellent stay at a great price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
southbendin, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs while you visited South Bend. Your feedback is very important to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have stayed here quite a few times over the past 10 years and there's a
downward trend in overall quality.
This place has a great location on Route 933. It's close to everything, Notre Dame, and downtown South Bend, and lots of restaurants.
There has not been any significant upgrades in a long time. The carpet is old and worn, as is the furniture. The commode was about to come apart.
They have a minimum breakfast of juice, cereal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, and yogurt.
Joe, our front desk clerk was very helpful.
A good deal would be a Hotwire rate for this property. Paying Rack rate here is no bargain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns regarding the hotel to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the quality of our hotel. I would like to inform you that we will be having some renovations to the hotel in the next upcoming months. We are working on a brand new pool area as well as installing new carpet, new lounge chairs, and bed spreads to name a few changes.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

General Manager.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel recently changed brands and has undergone some significant improvements. The lobby is attractive and spacious. The rooms are decent sized and nicely decorated. My bed was very comfortable and I slept we'll.

The only negative we experienced is that the walls are very thin and you do hear quite a bit of conversations, tv, etc from the hallway and neighboring rooms.

Breakfast was average or slightly above with standard bagels/toast, waffle iron, and a hot item (biscuits and gravy this morning).

Didn't get a chance to try the pool or fitness area.

• Stayed: May 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words about our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. However, it is only through our guests’ eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words, We are committed to total guests satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.