“Poor customer service”

Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Every time I come to South Bend for business I always stay here as well as my other associates. This past stay will be our last. The customer service has gone from exceptionally great to just plain rude. It seems like every time I check in the Sales Manager hasn't communicated our rates with the front office; resulting in everyone getting charged a different rate. When I addressed this the other day with the front desk it was as there was no one there who knew how to fix this problem. The management seems very disconnected and ought to start paying attention. This never used to happen and I am sorry to say we are going to another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
notredamehampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We have tried to find a past reservation for you but have no record. I would love to speak with you and resolve this issue personally. We do not take the fact that guests choose Hampton for a reason, service! THank you again for the feedback.
Kim Kudelka, GM
574-277-9373

Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is an excellent hotel. But if you are a Hilton Honors member, it takes the same points (25000) to stay here as the Hilton Garden Inn (Excellent) and the Hampton Mishawaka (where the staff goes out of their way to help you.) The HGI doesn't have free breakfast - but as a Silver member you get that anyway. At the Hampton Mishawaka there is some need to update the carpets in the hallways, the tile in the bathrooms and a few maintenance issues. BUT the staff more than makes up for the needed updates. The staff at Hampton South Bend - not so much.
PS to Notre Dame fans - they did not have the non-home game on TV the first time I stayed there in September 2009. This happened on my very first visit to see my freshman son and I was extremely disappointed. All the staff could say was that it wasn't their fault - it was their cable carrier's fault and that I could go to a bar and watch the game.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

THank you for your comments. I am terribly sorry you did not have a good experience while staying with us. We pride ourselves on guest service so this is very concerning. I assure you the staff has just gone through a major turnover and this sort of thing will not be tolerated.
Have a great day! Kim Kudelka, GM

Reviewed September 14, 2010

clean, quiet, spacious accommodations, friendly staff, near UND

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Usually a church group have to pay thru the nose for the accomdations we received during our recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites, but they really gave us a good deal in July.The rooms were clean, well furnished, and very comfortable. The staff was very accomadating to all of our needs. The breakfast was on target!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on the last night of a 2 week road trip. We really enjoyed our stay here from the moment we checked in until we checked out! The front desk staff is friendly and willing to help. There was a big bowl of Chex party mix (my favorite snack) in the lobby. There was hot water for tea in the evening. When my daughter noticed that there was no hot chocolate mix, Charlie at the front desk immediately went to get her a package. It's customer service like this that really makes a stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Hotel has a great front desk staff. Hotel room was very clean. No complaints. Be aware, your GPS may not easily pick up this address and it is better to call the hotel and ask for the street name.

Hotel was a great value

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stay here for business at least once a month. There are several hotels in the area that I could stay at, I like this hotel because of the friendly staff, the layout and size of the rooms. Most recently they have up graded their tv's to 42" flat screen. Breakfast is always hot and fresh with many option. Several restaurants within 4 miles away to choose from, some fast food near by. I would recommed this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business