All reviews notre dame room was clean hockey tournament nice stay toll road front desk staff complimentary breakfast staff was very friendly would definitely stay here again easy access fresh fruit business trip waffles football weekend bend lobby inns
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I travel constanty for business and I must say this hotel was significanty under par. The carpeting is very old and worn, the room *I was in a suite" was austere. The TV is an old, old style. There are NO restaurants near except fast food. The breakfast was above average for a Hampton Inn and the staff was friendly. There is very limited parking in front, so nearly every night I had to drive around the back in the dark, alone to get into the hotel. While the rooms do have individual thermostats, the heat is provided by a window unit that is very noisy and runs constantly. When I checked into my room, I found garbarge on the floor in the dressing area, so the cleaning is not great either. I had found a similar price at the Hyatt is Mishawaka. Next time I will go there.

Date of stay: November 2009
1  Thank sendmehome
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This hotel was very quiet and adequate. The breakfast buffet was well done and well stocked. The rooms were large enough and staff was friendly. A bag of garbage was left by the ice machine for an evening which detracted from the professional image Hilton has. I couldn't find a business center so I couldn't print my boarding pass, the pool looked good, and while the exercise room was large enough, it didn't have bikes. I used Hilton Points, so the value was high, but wouldn't consider paying $150 for a night without use of points. I would recommend this hotel if it is under $100 or using Hilton HHonors points where it is only 20,000 points.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2008

This was one of the biggest Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. Very nice hotel and was kept up very well. I had 2 rooms booked and both were clean & nice. I will be back next time I'm in South Bend. We asked where a good place to go eat BBQ would be, they told us to go to J Willy's Barbeque, 4 buildings down. They said Gordon Ramsey was at this restaurant in April for his tv show, delicious food at a good price.
The breakfast at the hotel was okay, warm not hot, but it had enough variety to please.

Date of stay: August 2008
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Our baseball team stayed at the Hampton Inn and LOVED it. They treated us great and were very accommodating. They went beyond my expectations, especially when the washing machine broke (might have been our fault for washing too many dirty baseball pants anyways) and offered his appt complex down the street.
Our team and dads played cards in the lobby 3 evenings and cleaned up after themselves The Mgr. thanked them several times. I will be staying at this Hampton again, if we ever have another baseball tourney up there.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This hotel is a few miles from Notre Dame University, 15 minutes from the airport and near many restaurants and stores. The staff is very polite and professional. The hotel and rooms are clean and modern enough. The beds are fantastic. The buffet breakfast that is included is fine, although not great. There is ample parking and the complex is very secure.

We were there with 2 adults and 2 kids, so we got a suite and a regular room which were connected. It worked great.

All in all, no complaints, and I would definately stay again next time I am in town.

Date of stay: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)