All reviews front desk notre dame room was clean hockey team excellent stay would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly toll road complimentary breakfast fresh fruit full kitchen waffles football game lobby bend inns chicago
Reviewed November 22, 2015

Our family stayed at the South Bend Hampton Inn for a recent football weekend and could not have been more satisfied with the level of comfort and service that was provided. The General Manager, Derek Southley, and his "team" were professional in every sense of the word - kind, respectful of our requests and accommodating from start to finish. It's SO wonderful to be greeted with a smile and SO nice just to be asked if there is anything else that would make our stay more comfortable. In addition ( and so very important when traveling in general) our room was very clean and very "roomy" with lots of space to unpack and store our clothes and belongings. Having queen sized beds was also a big "plus" - very plush and comfortable. We truly had a terrific stay and is why the Hampton Inn is our top choice and remains our "go-to" home away from home :o)

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
GM M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2015

Dear Susan,
We are so glad to read that you and your family had a fun game day with us. We certainly enjoyed hosting all of you and you are welcome back anytime! What a delightful and friendly bunch you all were while with us. I look forward to seeing you for graduation and wish you all the best until then!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

I enjoy the Hampton brand this location meets all of the expectations I have as a Hampton customer...great service...clean/decent accommodations, free Internet and, of course, breakfast. The room rate was higher than normal because of a Notre Dame home football game.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

My staff and I at The Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend would like to thank you for your kind and courteous review of are hotel. We appreciate all our fellow Notre Dame football fans and thank you so much for choosing our hotel to enjoy your game. Go Irish!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

Decent room, but 3pm check-in, I called several times to request an early check-in as we were driving through the night. They simply refuse to honor that request. Very frustrating. Called for towels and blankets and never got them - not a big deal, but in my book I shouldn't have to call someone more than once, I should't have to dry off with a washcloth! I would expect this form a $60 / hotel, this hotel cost over $300 / night!!! Way overpriced! Oh yea and no cancel policy! Below average service, bad breakfast, and WAY overpriced. I'm a Hilton Honors member, find another hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear MattGRRR,
The management and staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We understand your frustration with the rates in the market for the city wide sell out home game events. We hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed November 16, 2015

I've stayed at Hampton Inns around the world because I appreciate their consistent quality, service & value & here in South Bend, they do not deviate from the norm. I was in town recently for a Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest game & with a Hampton Inn so close to the campus, I knew I’d be staying there. What I did not know was that I’d be charged in advance of my stay, which apparently is something they do differently here (On gameday weekends, as I was told when I asked on check-in – normally you’re not charged until you checkout, & I was a bit scared when I saw the $750+ bill on my credit card statement 2 months prior to my stay).

At any rate, there is plenty of parking & there are any number of places to eat near the hotel from fast food to more sit-down style venues. Rooms were clean & quiet, even with the excitement of the game & in addition to the usual cookies they have out for guests, they had hot food & danish laid out in football serving trays to celebrate the Irish. The free hot breakfast was ready at 6:00 a.m. or shortly after & wasn’t terribly busy first thing in the morning, when I went for it, with plenty of fresh food to choose from.

I wonder if it’d be possible for the hotel to consider a shuttle for guests, many of whom are obviously in town for the game, to & from the campus? Maybe one that left every hour or half hour? Either for free or a modest fee with advance registration. I suspect it might be quite popular.

All in all, the South Bend Hampton Inn is very much in the tradition of quality & affordability common to all Hampton Inns & definitely worthy of consideration when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
GM M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear Shawn,
We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your experience with our future guests and current fans! Regarding the shuttle bus, it is an independently operated company but I will pass along your feedback to the local CVB and see if they have any suggestions for future shuttle assistance. Thanks again for staying and we look forward to seeing you in the near future! GO IRISH!!

Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

Hotel although renovated is in bad conditions. The entire staff that was here is completely gone and they were what made this place. The only reason I stayed was because the other Hampton 4 miles away was sold out.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
GM M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback. The Hampton Inn & Suite South Bend near Notre Dame, a short drive to the stadium, the Compton Ice Center, and downtown South Bend. We know you will love staying with us and hope to see you back next time!