All reviews notre dame room was clean hockey tournament nice stay toll road front desk staff complimentary breakfast staff was very friendly would definitely stay here again easy access fresh fruit business trip waffles football weekend bend lobby inns
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We found this hotel to be very clean and the staff very welcoming!! The personal touch left by the staff to welcome us was greatly appreciated. The beds were all new and very comfortable--we slept great!! The staff went out of their way to be helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Eric N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent experience with our team.

We take pride in providing our guests excellent service as well as a fresh up to date product.

We value you your feedback and appreciate your kind remarks.

Thank you for choosing our property, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a wonderful South Bend NCAA women's basketball regional experience enhanced greatly by our Hampton stay. The staff is warm, welcoming and helpful. We were in town for four days and the staff always greeted us and were extremely helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurants. Breakfast was great--hot and inviting on the cool and even cold mornings. This is definitely a property I would gladly visit again and again!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tim911, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

I am so delighted to hear our team made your time in South Bend an enjoyable one. We strive for excellence, and I am so happy to share your comments with the team.

Tim Dehnart
Task Force General Manager
P: 574-277-9373
e: tdehnart@fhginc.com

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I reserved two rooms at a given price, and the hotel switched rates on me, costing me an extra 200. This is Bait and switch. I expect upfront pricing when I book a room. Watch out. The complimentary breakfast was very decent and saved us time & money. The hotel staff was warm.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamie B
Tim911, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your review. I see we fell below your expectations and I would like to speak with you when you have time. Please reach me at the property to discuss your dissatisfaction. I appreciate your time.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Dated, not well kept. Breakfast - eggs out of a bag and boiled eggs could not peel and tough. out of coffee. Door lock didn't line up with wall so would not work and they said they would "fix it tomorrow".. had to lift up the door to make it line up to lock.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate your being our guest and thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Its your comments that help us to grow and become great. We have addressed the issues and concerns you experienced during your visit.

Tim Dehnart

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I am a loyal Hampton traveller and know that there are differences between individual hotels, such as amount of noise you can hear from other rooms, room size, etc. This Hampton met almost all of our expectations -- friendly and helpful front desk and manager, clean rooms and common areas, comfortable beds with great linens, good room darkening ability, quick wi-fi. Where this hotel fell down: hallways needed a good vacuuming, no full length mirror in the room, towels were worn and shabby. But where they fell down the most was in the breakfast. On the second morning we were there they were out of fruit, the whole wheat bread was stale, the oatmeal was solid glop and there were no hard boiled eggs, a standard at every other Hampton we have been at. Skipped breakfast that morning since I don't eat pastries or yogurt with sugar. The next morning there were a few over-ripe bananas added and the oatmeal was cold. When I asked for more oatmeal, the manager was quick to find the woman who handles the breakfast. As she added more oatmeal to the pot I asked her how long it would take to make but she had no idea. After ten minutes we gave up and went to Starbucks for oatmeal.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluewaterdiva
Kristofer L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have brought these issues to the department heads to ensure they are swiftly corrected.

Kristofer Lykins