“Hampton Inn South Bend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hampton Inn South Bend”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn, with the rooms, breakfast and other features very predictable... That is why I frequent them. The beds have clean covers, the rooms are clean and the staff has been friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Good afternoon! Happy Spring! Thanks for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I wanted to share with you that our Lobby and Fitness Center Renovations are completed! We are very excited about the new look and feel of these areas. We look forward to having you back soon so that you can experience the new lobby for yourself.

Thank you again for posting a review.

Best!
Becky Turak
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never check in late at night or on the first floor of a hotel. Besides the security issues and prying eyes from the parking lot the carpets seem to have the most wear and tear. This stay was no different and actually worse.

Upon moving a small table from the corner to set my briefcase on I noticed what looked like chewed on carpet. It was clearly being hidden by the position of the table. Also....there were dirty track marks worn into the entrance of the room. You could easily see this in the day time and from an angle too

Room Tip: Call first and ask when the property was last updated
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that the appearance of some areas of the rooms were not satisfactory. I have asked our staff to look into the issue mentioned of the carpet being torn in the corner of the room so that we can make the necessary repairs. Our housekeeping staff works diligently in each and every room of the hotel to make sure they are 100% clean and fresh. Our carpet in many areas of the hotel is a bit tired. We steam clean regularly and do our best to keep up especially in those high traffic areas. Sharing good news, we are in line for a full renovation at the end of 2013 and early 2014. I hope that you will return to our property again soon. We will be ready to unveil our new Perfect MIx Lobby and Fitness Center in March of this year.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is truly appreciated.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kudos to the staff of this Hampton Inn. At no point did they treat us differently because we were with a group of young boys and hockey families as other hotels have done. They were wonderful. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. They had hot chocolate available which was great for the boys (and their sisters) after our games. Did have that little problem with the sheets popping off of the beds, but that is because they are so fluffy and comfortable.
Decent complimentary breakfast as well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a corner suite that faced the main road. Roomy but noisier than I imagine one closer to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank You! Our staff truly appreciates your feedback and I will be certain to share your sentiment with them. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites, we look forward to having you back again. The next time you visit you'll be able to see our NEW Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness Center!
Highland, Indiana
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for a swim meet my daughter was participating in. The room was unbearably hot to sleep in-- this was also noted by some of the other parents staying there. Also, the sheets were not big enough to accommodate the extra-deep king sized mattress so they kept pulling off. my husband and I both awoke to sleeping on the bare hotel mattress. The horizontal surfaces (tv console, desk) were also very dusty. Kind of nit-picky, I know, but I stay in Hampton Inns all over the country for business. Next time I go to South Bend, I'm going to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

I want to thank you for bringing up to my attention that you’re A/C unit in your room was not working properly and that you and your family were uncomfortably hot during your stay. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and since your review; these issues have been corrected. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and hope that you consider staying with us again next time you are in town.
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the king bed one bedroom suite with kitchen. It was very nice. The kitchen is just a little bit outdated, but it worked for what we needed it for. It had a nice big peninsula table by the kitchen. We stayed for 2 nights, the weekend before Christmas with our 2-year-old son. There was always plenty of food out for breakfast and it changed everyday. The staff was always very friendly. When we checked in, it took about 2 minutes. The bedroom is very big with a huge closet. My favorite part of the room was probably the huge ceilings. They are so tall which I'm not used to having in a hotel. It's also a plus to be right next door to McDonald's. The pool was fun for our family. Overall, I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor in the front right corner when facing the building and it was nice a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the ime you took to compose a review of our hotel. Thank you so much. We hope you will be back to visit us again soon. Our lobby is currently undergoing a beautiful face lift and should be completed very soon, the fitness center will be renovated soon as well. Wishing a healthy and properous New Year!!
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed here three times to visit family in the area. All three times I have stayed have been around the holidays, so that does contribute to my experiences. The rooms are nice, clean, and very large. In fact we have joked each time that the rooms are big enough for four people plus another room of four people. The space isn't really maximized due to the angles of the couch placement, but it feels very roomy and not packed at all even with luggage out. The bathrooms are clean and very generous in space.

The only reason I cannot give this hotel a very good rating is that is is always soooo slow. Like I said this is around the holiday, but waiting for breakfast to be refilled, waiting for a seat to even sit at breakfast, and the front desk staff around the holidays always seems overwhelmed and really not like they are at the top of their game. I can sympathize that they are working over the holidays, but at least be friendly and put a smile on your face. While you are working on a holiday, we are traveling from afar and staying in a hotel (not the way most people want to spend the holidays either).

I would give the rooms 4 stars, the service and amenities 2 stars, so overall 3 stars (which is still average.)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator/ice machine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We have addressed the issue with our staff to be conscious at all times of the food levels, so that items may be refilled prior to being completely out. The Holidays are special time for everyone, and while we are here, you are our Family, we strive for excellence in service and we are sorry you did not receive that on this stay. We'd like the opportunity to provide you with that level of excellence. Please come and see us again.
Lamar, Mississippi
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had to say i must have cuaght the good natured staff when visiting this hotel, everyone was wonderful to work with, I even shared dinner with them! they even offered me some of their holiday dinner while i was there. Kyle and quenton(SP?) and the girls were awesome to talk to and whatever I needed was taken care of.

Thanks

Room Tip: my second floor room next to elevator was still quiet....it is only a short drive to the ND campus...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Wow! Thank you very much for your comments on our hotel. We have shared this review with our entire staff and commended Kyle and Quinton on their customer service as well as the rest of the staff. This is what we strive for daily at our hotel. The Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend shares its 'Hamptonality' with each and every Guest and I am thrilled that you have shared your experience here. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to South Bend!

Best!