All reviews notre dame room was clean hockey tournament nice stay toll road front desk staff complimentary breakfast staff was very friendly would definitely stay here again easy access fresh fruit business trip waffles football weekend bend lobby inns
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kudos to the staff of this Hampton Inn. At no point did they treat us differently because we were with a group of young boys and hockey families as other hotels have done. They were wonderful. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. They had hot chocolate available which was great for the boys (and their sisters) after our games. Did have that little problem with the sheets popping off of the beds, but that is because they are so fluffy and comfortable.
Decent complimentary breakfast as well. I would stay here again.

Room tip: We were in a corner suite that faced the main road. Roomy but noisier than I imagine one closer to the back.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank You! Our staff truly appreciates your feedback and I will be certain to share your sentiment with them. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites, we look forward to having you back again. The next time you visit you'll be able to see our NEW Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness Center!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for a swim meet my daughter was participating in. The room was unbearably hot to sleep in-- this was also noted by some of the other parents staying there. Also, the sheets were not big enough to accommodate the extra-deep king sized mattress so they kept pulling off. my husband and I both awoke to sleeping on the bare hotel mattress. The horizontal surfaces (tv console, desk) were also very dusty. Kind of nit-picky, I know, but I stay in Hampton Inns all over the country for business. Next time I go to South Bend, I'm going to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

I want to thank you for bringing up to my attention that you’re A/C unit in your room was not working properly and that you and your family were uncomfortably hot during your stay. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and since your review; these issues have been corrected. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and hope that you consider staying with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the king bed one bedroom suite with kitchen. It was very nice. The kitchen is just a little bit outdated, but it worked for what we needed it for. It had a nice big peninsula table by the kitchen. We stayed for 2 nights, the weekend before Christmas with our 2-year-old son. There was always plenty of food out for breakfast and it changed everyday. The staff was always very friendly. When we checked in, it took about 2 minutes. The bedroom is very big with a huge closet. My favorite part of the room was probably the huge ceilings. They are so tall which I'm not used to having in a hotel. It's also a plus to be right next door to McDonald's. The pool was fun for our family. Overall, I definitely recommend staying here.

Room tip: Our room was on the first floor in the front right corner when facing the building and it was nice and quiet.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

We appreciate the ime you took to compose a review of our hotel. Thank you so much. We hope you will be back to visit us again soon. Our lobby is currently undergoing a beautiful face lift and should be completed very soon, the fitness center will be renovated soon as well. Wishing a healthy and properous New Year!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed here three times to visit family in the area. All three times I have stayed have been around the holidays, so that does contribute to my experiences. The rooms are nice, clean, and very large. In fact we have joked each time that the rooms are big enough for four people plus another room of four people. The space isn't really maximized due to the angles of the couch placement, but it feels very roomy and not packed at all even with luggage out. The bathrooms are clean and very generous in space.

The only reason I cannot give this hotel a very good rating is that is is always soooo slow. Like I said this is around the holiday, but waiting for breakfast to be refilled, waiting for a seat to even sit at breakfast, and the front desk staff around the holidays always seems overwhelmed and really not like they are at the top of their game. I can sympathize that they are working over the holidays, but at least be friendly and put a smile on your face. While you are working on a holiday, we are traveling from afar and staying in a hotel (not the way most people want to spend the holidays either).

I would give the rooms 4 stars, the service and amenities 2 stars, so overall 3 stars (which is still average.)

Room tip: Request a room away from the elevator/ice machine.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We have addressed the issue with our staff to be conscious at all times of the food levels, so that items may be refilled prior to being completely out. The Holidays are special time for everyone, and while we are here, you are our Family, we strive for excellence in service and we are sorry you did not receive that on this stay. We'd like the opportunity to provide you with that level of excellence. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had to say i must have cuaght the good natured staff when visiting this hotel, everyone was wonderful to work with, I even shared dinner with them! they even offered me some of their holiday dinner while i was there. Kyle and quenton(SP?) and the girls were awesome to talk to and whatever I needed was taken care of.

Thanks

Room tip: my second floor room next to elevator was still quiet....it is only a short drive to the ND campus. and restaurants are all close. Ask Kyle and the front desk crew for coupons and specials also!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Wow! Thank you very much for your comments on our hotel. We have shared this review with our entire staff and commended Kyle and Quinton on their customer service as well as the rest of the staff. This is what we strive for daily at our hotel. The Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend shares its 'Hamptonality' with each and every Guest and I am thrilled that you have shared your experience here. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to South Bend!

Best!