All reviews front desk notre dame room was clean hockey team excellent stay would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly toll road complimentary breakfast fresh fruit full kitchen waffles football game lobby bend inns chicago
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the king bed one bedroom suite with kitchen. It was very nice. The kitchen is just a little bit outdated, but it worked for what we needed it for. It had a nice big peninsula table by the kitchen. We stayed for 2 nights, the weekend before Christmas with our 2-year-old son. There was always plenty of food out for breakfast and it changed everyday. The staff was always very friendly. When we checked in, it took about 2 minutes. The bedroom is very big with a huge closet. My favorite part of the room was probably the huge ceilings. They are so tall which I'm not used to having in a hotel. It's also a plus to be right next door to McDonald's. The pool was fun for our family. Overall, I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor in the front right corner when facing the building and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We appreciate the ime you took to compose a review of our hotel. Thank you so much. We hope you will be back to visit us again soon. Our lobby is currently undergoing a beautiful face lift and should be completed very soon, the fitness center will be renovated soon as well. Wishing a healthy and properous New Year!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed here three times to visit family in the area. All three times I have stayed have been around the holidays, so that does contribute to my experiences. The rooms are nice, clean, and very large. In fact we have joked each time that the rooms are big enough for four people plus another room of four people. The space isn't really maximized due to the angles of the couch placement, but it feels very roomy and not packed at all even with luggage out. The bathrooms are clean and very generous in space.

The only reason I cannot give this hotel a very good rating is that is is always soooo slow. Like I said this is around the holiday, but waiting for breakfast to be refilled, waiting for a seat to even sit at breakfast, and the front desk staff around the holidays always seems overwhelmed and really not like they are at the top of their game. I can sympathize that they are working over the holidays, but at least be friendly and put a smile on your face. While you are working on a holiday, we are traveling from afar and staying in a hotel (not the way most people want to spend the holidays either).

I would give the rooms 4 stars, the service and amenities 2 stars, so overall 3 stars (which is still average.)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator/ice machine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We have addressed the issue with our staff to be conscious at all times of the food levels, so that items may be refilled prior to being completely out. The Holidays are special time for everyone, and while we are here, you are our Family, we strive for excellence in service and we are sorry you did not receive that on this stay. We'd like the opportunity to provide you with that level of excellence. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had to say i must have cuaght the good natured staff when visiting this hotel, everyone was wonderful to work with, I even shared dinner with them! they even offered me some of their holiday dinner while i was there. Kyle and quenton(SP?) and the girls were awesome to talk to and whatever I needed was taken care of.

Thanks

Room Tip: my second floor room next to elevator was still quiet....it is only a short drive to the ND campus. and restaurants are all close. Ask Kyle and the front desk crew for coupons and specials also!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Wow! Thank you very much for your comments on our hotel. We have shared this review with our entire staff and commended Kyle and Quinton on their customer service as well as the rest of the staff. This is what we strive for daily at our hotel. The Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend shares its 'Hamptonality' with each and every Guest and I am thrilled that you have shared your experience here. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to South Bend!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stay in this hotel on most of my trips to South Bend. It's a bit out of the way from downtown and there are not many places to eat nearby, but the price is right and it is clean and quiet--at least during the week. I am sure if you are there on a football weekend, the place is pretty much wall to wall parties. As such a lot of the rooms have counters and fridges and microwaves, and are very roomy. The only complaint is one that can't be fixed; if you are directionally challenged stay elsewhere, because the hotel is laid out in a square. So ask if you should park in back or front.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Cabaret 59, We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. One of the best parts of our job is to build relationships with our Guests that keep coming back. I am thrilled to know that you confident in our Staff and our property in such a manner. We will continue to take great care of you and be certain you find your way through our 'maze'. :) If it makes you feel better....sometimes I have to look both ways down the hall when I give a site tour to make sure I go the right way!

Wishing you well and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here for four nights during freshmen move-in at Notre Dame, which was a very busy time. The hotel was completely sold out, and many of the guests staying there were on a similar schedule for checking in and out, having breakfast, asking questions, etc. The staff was up to the task.

Breakfast was very good; they had some type of egg and meat choice every day, as well as delicious oatmeal, cold cereal, pastries, fruit and cereal. This area was kept well-stocked and clean by a lovely lady who made sure no one was missing something they needed.

The desk staff was friendly and helpful, and really knew the neighborhood so they could give good directions and advice. Also, we had a little problem one morning with the hot water regulator on our shower, and it was taken care of right away. They even gave us a Starbucks gift certificate for our trouble. They wanted to make sure I was still a happy guest, which I appreciated.

Rooms are nothing special here, but they are clean and convenient, and there is free WiFi. Since we were there four nights it would have been nice to have one more washer and dryer in the guest laundry room (there was only one of each).

This hotel is very close to the north entrance of the Notre Dame campus, so it's a good location. You will pay a lot more than seems reasonable during football weekends, but that is normal for this town. The location and the staff are the main reasons I can recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Notre Dame.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Feedback is what drives us to strive for excellence. I will be sure to share your thoughts with all of our staff as it does take our entire Team to ensure great experience.

We look forward to having you back again soon!