All reviewsfront desknotre dameroom was cleanhockey teamexcellent staywould definitely stay here againstaff was very friendlytoll roadcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitfull kitchenwafflesfootball gamelobbybendinnschicago
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Do not waste your money on this property. Management was very nasty to me on the phone after an error on the part of their front desk staff. Instead of suggesting options what I was treated like trash. I own a timeshare with Hilton and now I regret buying with them just because of the way I was treated by Kelly and her staff. They are the kind of management that hide behind a big name because they think they are untouchable. Well Kelly you and your staff cannot longer hide behind the Hampton name. Last but not least, during our conversation on the phone she made a rude noise to get me off the phone when I was just trying to get my point across. It was so bad that I cancelled my reservation. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Juan L
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you feel you received a poor level of service. Unfortunately, we were at max capacity and could not accommodate your request of a party in our Courtyard. With Guest Rooms facing the Courtyard, it was imperative that we adhere to our Guest Comfort Policy. We feel it would not have been an enjoyable experience for you and your party. We happily cancelled your room reservation without penalty. Again, I apologize you were not pleased with the experience. Please contact me directly so we can discuss further. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Based on the negative reviews, I wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was easy to get to from the airport. And though it's not a big parking lot, I had no trouble finding parking.
There are a number of restaurants and stores in the area, within walking distance.
The front desk staff was excellent, very friendly. In fact, every member of the hotel staff that I encountered was friendly and made the effort to acknowledge me.
My first floor room was very clean when I arrived.
Beds (queen) were very comfortable, pillows as well.
Cable, internet, etc no problems.
Didn't use the pool or fitness center, but both looked clean and well maintained.
Good value, especially with AAA rate. I will definitely stay here again if I return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Greetings and Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive for excellence every day at the Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all of our Staff as reassurance that every encounter truly does make a difference!

We look forward to having you back on your next visit to the area.

Best!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn. This is my 3rd stay there this year. This time I got a room on the 3rd floor in the far back of the hotel. I was very happy with the room.

I like the location of this hotel. It is easily accessible from the highway. The staff here is very friendly.

I took a brown bag breakfast one morning. It was very handly and contained good healthy treats.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from McDonalds drive thru.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and value your business. I'm happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Best!
Becky Turak

Reviewed August 8, 2012

room 331
• mattress near window, box spring 18" tear along seam
• sheets not totally filthy, but NOT newly cleaned/laundered on either of the beds
• tub would drain but very slowly, requiring showering in ankle deep water

On the plus side:
• breakfast good

Room Tip: In all fairness, we arrived exhausted and without prior reservations and did not discover the room condition until we were unpacked. Yes, we should have raised Cain, but we did not. We have never had a Hampton room this bad, and maybe we got the prize. But do check your room carefully before any unpacking...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KenM299
notredamehampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area

Kelly Tefft

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is an older hotel that has been updated. Front desk staff was very friendly. The room on the 3rd floor was fine and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast room was large enough for a youth group present for an event along with the rest of us. There was the usual variety of food plus fresh fruit. Windows open so that one does not have that sealed-in feeling in the room. The carpeting is a bit dated, and the one elevator for so many rooms is a bit inconvenient when a lot of folks are checking in around the same time. Steps from the 3rd floor take one out of the building instead of into the first floor lobby, but that, of course, is no big deal (unless, I guess, there's a blizzard or heavy rain). When one gets off the toll road, take a left and head north for a bit since the hotel is about a mile or so above the exit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Greetings! Thank you for posting a review of our property! Feedback from our Guests is greatly appreciated and we love hearing from you. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to South Bend. This winter we will undergo a lobby and fitness center renovation, would be great for you to see the new set up. The new fabrics, furniture and flooring look fantastic!

Wishing you well!