All reviewsnotre dameroom was cleanhockey teamexcellent staywould definitely stay here againstaff was very friendlyfront desk stafftoll roadcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitfull kitchenwafflesfootball gamelobbybendinnschicago
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Our suite was perfect and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful as well! I would definitely stay here again and am confident in choosing Hampton Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie A
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love having you here and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Wishing you well!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

On driving trips we book a Hampton anytime one is available. In this case I think there were several other less expensive options that would have been at least comparable. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast had variety. The staff was friendly and attentive. The property is a bit tired.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler, We appreciate your feedback very much. Feedback is what offers us opportunities to acknowledge the positive and also learn where areas of opportunity and improvement are present. Our staff works hard to engage with each guest and be certain that All are welcomed and comfortable during their stay. We work hard to keep the property clean, tidy and welcoming. As our property ages, we realize that this gets a little more challenging. Please trust that we are doing everything we can to maintain the high quality product that Hampton goers are accustomed too. I am thrilled to share with you that we are in line for a full renovation. This winter 2012 we will be renovating and will have the new Perfect Mix Lobby, along with that our Fitness Center is being renovated and new fitness equipment is part of that as well. Following will be a full renovation of the remainder of the hotel. We are excited about these improvements and hope you will join us again soon to see the updates!

Wishing you well,

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hampton Inn properties are under the Hilton umbrella but it sure rained hard on this one. The lobby carpet is filthy, the first room I was assigned didn't have a refrigerator and the second reeked of cigarette smoke. I complained of the smoke smell and was handed a can of air freshener. I've been a Hilton Diamond VIP member for years. Wish I had read the reviews before booking my stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ShiBear
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Diamond Member, Please accept you apologies for the incorrect manner in which your issue was handled. We are addressing this situation with all of our Front Desk Agents to avoid this sceanrio in the future.

We work very hard each and everyday to maintain the cleanliness of our hotel. Carpets are cleaned weekly, and any stains that may appear are handled immediately.

We will be going through a full renovation of our hotel later this year and hope to be complete by the end of the first Quarter 2013. We will be a brand new property inside and out and encourage your return to the Hamton Inn & Suites South Bend.

Looking forward to your return to our hotel.
Best!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The staff were about average with the service. The free breakfast was really good and had alot of different options. Other than that I was not impressed. You could tell it was an older hotel with some poor attempts at a renovation. Our room was quite large with a full kitchenette. However it had quite an unpleasant smell. Pool and other amenities were very small. Scale of 1 to 5 I'd rate at a 2

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive daily to keep our hotel in tip-top shape. We are excited to be preparing for a FULL renovation which should be completed by the end of the First Quarter 2013! We understand that time takes it toll, please know we are doing everything in our power to maintain a clean, pleasant and welcoming environment.
Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I'm thrilled you had plenty of options and had a great start to your day.

Looking to serve your travel needs again in the future,
Director of Sales
we love having you here.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have Hilton Honors so I usually stay at a Hilton hotel. I'm usually pretty impressed with Hampton Inn but not this one. It clearly needs to be renovated - the carpet is dirty and stained, there is an unpleasant smell in the hallways and in the room, the bathroom tiles are dated. I stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, and the dishwasher had molds I was scared to use it. I usually expect Hampton Inn to be immaculate and clean, and this hotel disappointed me.

The good part is that the furniture is current and tasteful, and is typical of Hampton Inn decor. The bed is also within the high standards that every Hilton property maintains.

For the price that I paid, I didn't get my money's worth. I've stayed at other Hilton properties and paid $50-$100 less for a cleaner and better maintained room. I will never choose this hotel again unless I need a full kitchen suite.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family