All reviews front desk notre dame room was clean hockey team excellent stay would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly toll road complimentary breakfast fresh fruit full kitchen waffles football game lobby bend inns chicago
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The staff were about average with the service. The free breakfast was really good and had alot of different options. Other than that I was not impressed. You could tell it was an older hotel with some poor attempts at a renovation. Our room was quite large with a full kitchenette. However it had quite an unpleasant smell. Pool and other amenities were very small. Scale of 1 to 5 I'd rate at a 2

• Stayed: January 2012
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive daily to keep our hotel in tip-top shape. We are excited to be preparing for a FULL renovation which should be completed by the end of the First Quarter 2013! We understand that time takes it toll, please know we are doing everything in our power to maintain a clean, pleasant and welcoming environment.
Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I'm thrilled you had plenty of options and had a great start to your day.

Looking to serve your travel needs again in the future,
Becky Turak
Director of Sales
we love having you here.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have Hilton Honors so I usually stay at a Hilton hotel. I'm usually pretty impressed with Hampton Inn but not this one. It clearly needs to be renovated - the carpet is dirty and stained, there is an unpleasant smell in the hallways and in the room, the bathroom tiles are dated. I stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, and the dishwasher had molds I was scared to use it. I usually expect Hampton Inn to be immaculate and clean, and this hotel disappointed me.

The good part is that the furniture is current and tasteful, and is typical of Hampton Inn decor. The bed is also within the high standards that every Hilton property maintains.

For the price that I paid, I didn't get my money's worth. I've stayed at other Hilton properties and paid $50-$100 less for a cleaner and better maintained room. I will never choose this hotel again unless I need a full kitchen suite.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stay at dozens of hotels on business throughout the year. Let me start by saying there is nothing terribly wrong with this hotel. Location is ok, near both fast food and other restaurants. Price was comparable, even a little bit ($10) lower than other ones in the area. The hotel is an older one, and although I stay at about 15 or more Hampton Inns during the year - this one doesn't quite look like a Hampton Inn, or is built to an older standard in a large square with a central courtyard (it actually looks like it may have once been a Courtyard by Marriott.)

The hotel shows its age. Rooms are a reasonably clean and comfortable, but my carpet had old stains and wear, and the tile in the bathroom had a crack, just the kind of stuff that tells you the hotel is about due for a remodel.

The parking is unusual, there are only about 40 spaces in front of the hotel, with the rest around the back which is some distance away. If you arrive late, you're parking pretty far from the door. In the rain, it would be a miserable walk.

Most interesting was the view from my room which was located on the south side of the hotel, third floor. It faced a boarded up hotel which had been vacant for some time with assorted trash and weeds everywhere. I don't usually choose a hotel or a room based on the view, but this was exceptional and even a bit amusing in a perverse sort of way. I did not feel unsafe at any time.

The staff do a great job at this facility, making up for many of the shortcomings of the building. Breakfast was good, there was plenty of food and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Even so, next time I stay in the area I will probably not choose this hotel as there are 10 other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the rear of the hotel (west side), second or third floor. McDonalds is your view from the north side, and the creepy (but quiet) vacant hotel is your view from the south side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and review of our property. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was a pleasant one! I will pass along the positive feedback to our Front Desk and Breakfast Staff. We work hard each day to keep our hotel neat and tidy and keep up with any and all maintenance. We are excited to share that we are in line for a full renovation later this year and into the first part of next year. We promise to take the same great care during your next stay, you may be pleasantly surprised with our updates. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!
Best!
Becky Turak

Reviewed April 13, 2012

The hotels has a McDonalds on one side and a boarded up building on the other. I traveled on business with a co-worker. He had the side with McDonalds and the parking light lots and drive thru noise was disruptive. I had the other side, no noise just not a great view.

The room was clean and comfortable. I did use the pool and hot tub. Both were very nice.

Room Tip: The hotel has a McDonalds on one side which can be a bit disruptive because of the lights and traffic. The view on the other side is a boarded up building. The rooms are nice and the pool is very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Hello and Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suite South Bend. We truly appreicate your business as well as your feedback.
I can appreciate the lights/traffice being a bit disruptive. We do our best to make certain that the curtains pull shut tightly to keep out any unwanted light ensure a restful night. I apologize that the noise was still an issue.
We have been and continue to contact City and County officials on a weekly basis regarding the vacant space next door. We will continue to contact them until we receive a satisfactory result. This summer a privacy fence the enitre length of our property is being installed to help alleviate the site, at least at ground level until the building can be removed completely.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Best!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times on our way to Ohio. The breakfast is nice and the hotel is very quiet. The fitness center is adequate and the pool is perfect for kids - not too deep and a good size. We will always choose this place as it is convenient from I-90 and our stays have always been pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012
notredamehampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for you continual loyalty!! It truly means a lot. I am happy to hear the pool was perfect for you and the kids and the fitness room meet your needs. We will be doing a renovation this summer which includes a new and improved fitness center and upgrade in the pool area. The rooms will also receive some attention later in the year.
Again THANK YOU for your LOYALTY and taking the time to comment on your stay!! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.