Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend
$104
$54
Inn at Saint Mary's(South Bend)
$106
Comfort Suites(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$130
$104
ComfortSuites
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
SleepInn
$136
$129
Fairfield Inn
$109
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites University Area(South Bend)(Great Value!)
$83
$129
GardenInn.com
$314
$286
  • Pool
All reviewsnotre dameroom was spaciousone night staystaff was very friendlybendconventionuniversity
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We love this place and are always surprised that more people haven't "discovered" it. Great rooms, fabulous mattresses, all the "amenities" and the Price is Right! Unfortunately the restaurant is no longer open, but we went down Cleveland to a road (Prospect?) with plenty of the usuals (Applebee's, etc.)

If you're tired of Hamptons and so forth and you're in S.Bend, give this a whirl!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We really enjoyed the rooms very much , but upon arriving we learned there was no longer a restaurant or bar . That is the only reason we wanted this hotel was because it had a restaurant inside it , and we where told on the phone a week before arriving that there was one and it was open . Would give great rating , but i don't appreciate being lied to , so it only gets a alright rating .

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My daughter was attending the ND camp for Volleyball. We chose this place because brochures were sent to us with the camp information. I love this place. The entrance is welcoming and the rooms were just fine for our stay. The food was good. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was good. There was a wedding breakfast going on so they set it up in the pub and did a fine job. I imagine once they complete all of the renovations it will be fabulous. The outside pool needs attention. Landscape needs updating. The inside pool is good. But I will tell you when 10:00 pm comes around they close that pool. That was annoying when the employee stood outside the pool door staring us down until we all left. Give it a a try its nice.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I booked a large block of rooms at the Waterford for an out of town wedding group. All of us have nothing but great things to say about our entire experience. Everytime that I needed to speak with the coordinator, Joy, I felt she was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful.
The outside of the hotel does not look like quite as nice as I expected, but the lobby, pools, rooms, and bar are beautiful and well appointed. The beds are incredibly comforable. We rented a room for our group on Fri night and it was very nice and large and the horderves that we ordered were delicious. All of the staff were pleasant and helpful. They offered to give the gifts that I had purchased to each guest as they arrived and did not miss one. Different people in our group enjoyed the pool, the nice workout facility, the great breakfast, and, of course, the bar!
I will highly recommend this hotel to everyone who will be staying in the area (and I am not that easily impressed).

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 8, 2008

A friend and I shared a room here while in town 2 nights for a wedding. Initially we were impressed with the hotel's beauty - it is well-decorated and looks rather posh. Though I paid for the room when I booked through Expedia, I gave my debit card to the clerk in case, in his words, "you want to charge anything to your room." The hotel sprawled out in all directions (think "The Shining"), and the clerk provided us with a map, which was very necessary for us to make our way from our room to the front desk if we needed to. The first odd thing we noticed was the there was no elevator anywhere in this otherwise modern hotel. It wasn't a big deal, as the hotel was only 2 levels, but it was still a bit of a pain to haul our luggage to our 2nd floor room without any assistance.

Our room itself was also looked quite nice, and we flopped down on the beds - very comfortable. The room had a flat-screen TV set into the wall, and a Bose radio on a table in front of it. Everything looked great - until we turned the TV on and flipped through all 21 channels, and realized that we had to crank the volume on the TV up to 90 just to hear it over the air conditioner. We tried to order a movie through the TV, but the options never loaded. The Bose radio had no CD player or iPod jack, and the TV certainly was not wired through it, so it was wasted on the lackluster radio options available in South Bend. The air conditioner also lacked a constant fan setting, so it was tough to fall asleep. Just as you started to doze off, the AC would kick on, and just as soon as you got used to its roar, it would shut off.

The next morning we went downstairs to enjoy a great breakfast spread - eggs, sausage, french toast, etc. We were shocked by the options available, but a worker assured us that this was the breakfast served for the hotel guests. We ate quite happily, but were taken aback when one of the servers came over to offer us coffee...and a check. We told her we were under the impression it was complimentary, and she informed us that the breakfast was complimentary only with certain rooms. She was kind enough to take care of it for us, but had we known in advance, we wouldn't have come downstairs in our PJs sans cash.

We then went back to the room to get ready for the wedding. The bathroom is about the size of a closet, and you almost step into the toilet when stepping out of the shower, but it certainly wasn't terrible as far as hotel showers go. Upon returning from the wedding, I logged onto my laptop using the free WiFi (which worked great) to check my bank account - and found that the hotel had charged my account $200+, though the room was paid for. I called the front desk and the charge was removed that same night, only to reappear today, 2 days after I checked out. I called yet again, explained the situation, and was told that this was a fee charged to cover any possible damages to the room, and that the charge would be removed within 3-5 business days. I've stayed in numerous other hotels on my own, and the closest I can think of from any other stay is a $50 deposit refunded to me upon check-out. Had I known this hassle would ensue, I would not have handed my card over to the clerk so willingly, and the experience has certainly colored my memory of the stay.

The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool/jacuzzi, neither of which we had an opportunity to use, but both looked great, and the hotel itself is beautiful. The stay was not terrible or anything, but I guess we just expected more for the price - about $132/night - than what we got.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)