“"I had a wonderful one night stay experience"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“"I had a wonderful one night stay experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I traveled solo! Hotel was very central and easy to find.
The hotel staff were extremely nice and knowledgable, room was clean and comfortable. I love the room setup; 1 queen size bed, 1 on the wall screen T.V. Breakfast was good and free; so I can't complain, tentants were also friendly. Hotel lobby and breakfast area was clean and inviting. If I ever travel in the area again I will book another stay. Also the bar was affordable and parking is free, the fireplace was also inviting, the hotel noise level was good I had no problem with people roaming in the hallways...TA from Cincinnati, OH

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Takisha A
Carla W, Front Office Manager at Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay.
We are glad that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Several reviews I read complained about the hot water (didn't have any issues)and noise (slept sound).

I found this unique hotel perfect. They were very accommodating for our dog. The front desk was really friendly. The restaurant staff was really nice and accommodating considering we arrived as they were closing. They still cooked us a meal and served us a few drinks. I would recommend this to any traveler. It was clean, friendly and pet friendly. Easy on and easy off for i80.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Blderchick
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family enjoyed our one night stay when we were in town for a hockey game. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly, The breakfast was great. It was heavy breakfast buffet not just one of those make your own waffle stands. Good times were had and we would stay there again. Kids loved the pool which was open until 11 pm.

Room Tip: There are numerous fire doors which need to remain closed. They need to be utilized to get to your r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GravyBoatr
IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The hotel needs some updating in the rooms, but it was very clean. The B&B accomodation is a bargain especially on ND football game day. The bar was is friendly and affordable. The Waterford is a good deal all the way around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jg112
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Visited Notre Dame and a few casinos nearby,and thought lets try this convenient located hotel. I thought the price was very reasonable and very nice accommodations. The hotel has two pools and a hot tub, very relaxing after a long ride or a short ride. The room was clean and nicely decorated. They also include a great breakfast buffet with price of room. Example Eggs, pancakes,bacon,bagels etc. I would stay again without a doubt. The hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful with area information. Happy travels,Joe from Illinois

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank boopdboop
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Traveled to South Bend to visit grandson; arriving at the hotel from NY, I suffered a complete heart block. Off to the E.R. We had booked the room for Oct. 5-8th. Unfortunately, I was still in the hospital and with my husband with no place to go - worked with the Manager (Teresa) and was able to give us the motel until the upcoming weekend (although it was a Notre Dame Home Game) - although we were able to leave to go home on Saturday .a.m. - the motel did not charge us for the remaining days after the 8th. Rooms generally go for over $300. on Home Game Weekends - this hotel did not try to gouge some seniors in a medical emergency situation. My husband was able to spend time with our grandson and his mom at the pool - while I was recovering. We cannot say enough about the Manager and her staff. We will always be grateful to this hotel chain and will always select them when out of town. Sincerely, K. Szczesniak, Utica, NY

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen S
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is okay, the pics online were way different than what I expected. I do have say everyone there was really nice and they had great customer service. I guess I just expected it to look alot different in person, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012