“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Waterford Estates Lodge.
The front desk staff were very friendly.
Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kokomo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

This hotel is the worst I have stayed in so far. We went to use the hot tub and froze on the way there and back. The halls were 50 degrees. The hot tub was lukewarm at best. The food in their bar was way overpriced. It would have cost us $95 for a meal. We opted for Dine-In service instead. There was no table to eat at, just a small desk with one chair. I let my wife have the desk and I used the floor for a stable cutting surface. It was hard to tell who worked there and who were guests. The only staff that we noticed that had uniforms were the maids. There was alot of ice hanging off the building as well. Our room had an exterior exit but we couldn't use it in fear of those things falling on us. Late night snack? Get ready for a walk. There is only 1 snack machine and 1 ice machine in the whole complex. Halls are poorly lit, and did I mention cold? The TV in the room was not HD. It had a grainy picture most of the time. Just some advise, avoid this falsely advertised hotel. We will be choosing a different one next time we want to get away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank billander

Travelers are raving about these South Bend hotels

Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for a family reunion. We occupied about ten rooms. From the minute we arrived they were expecting us and we recieved a warm welcome. The clerk checking us in...(Debra) was friendly and catered to our every need. She took time to explain the ammenities the hotel offered and nearby "attractions" we might be interested in. We had a great time. The rooms were clean, affordable, and relaxing. The staff went out of their way to be sure we had anything we needed and it was greatly appreciated. Thnak you for making this special occasion a memorable one! We will book again next time!

• Stayed June 2010
Aylmer, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

Well lets start out with my disappointment of driving 6 hours and really looking forward to a beer at the bar I asked about the week prior only to find out that the bar doesnt exist anymore ,and the front desk clerk admitted the state wont issue them a licence over a property tax issue.

then lets go right to the hot tub being closed,apparently for some time,when I asked at booking if they have one , this was something I needed due to a long drive and a bad back.

Hotel staff that are rude, the maids actually came in,moved a few things around then hung the do not disturb sign to make it look like we didnt want the room cleaned. and the inconvienece it seemed we were when we called front desk to ask for more towels.

the shower also burns you after a few minutes even if its set on cold.

over all very poor experience, only up side was price, way cheaper then everyone else,however we now understand why.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pickupman
Noblesville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

I had read a few reviews about this hotel, one had said that their car was broken into. I should have heeded their advice. Our car was also broken into, a smash and run is what the police stated. They also said that this happens very often at this hotel during Notre Dame football game weekends. We were in a room in the very back of the hotel, if you stay there request a room in the front!
The hotel staff was very kind but the walls were extremely thin, you could hear the people next door and every door shut on that wing. I did not get to sleep until 2 in the morning and was woke up to all the doors again shutting and the housekeeping staff talking and going about their routine. (their office a couple of doors down). I will never stay at this hotel or recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joleehurt2
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed at the Waterford for a family wedding. We were traveling with my 8 month old, and our little dog. The one positive thing I have to say about this place is that they allowed our dog (under 10 lbs) to stay for a fee. I also have to mention that the rooms are pretty nice and clean, fridge, microwave etc. Very convenient.
Now for the many many negatives -
My husband and I both had work to do during our stay and was happy that there was high speed internet at the hotel. We got there Thursday night and found out that it was not working and someone was coming in the next morning to fix it. By 1pm the internet was still down and we asked them about it again. They responded someone was there at that time fixing it. Needless to say the excuses continued - we NEVER had internet our entire stay, which was a huge problem for both of us. You can stay at any cheap hotel down the street and have internet. Not having the internet was one thing, it can happen anywhere, but the lies were totally unacceptable.
Then there were also a bunch of baseball kids staying at the hotel with their parents. The parents could care less that their children were running around and screaming in the hallways until the morning hours. We once went to complain to the front desk. They finally told the kids to stop. The rest of the time everyone was walking in and out of their rooms non stop and a door was slamming every 2 minutes. Awesome if you have a baby trying to sleep. Our neighbor slept with his TV on, and the walls are so thin we could hear every word. We ended up putting the AC on 65 so that it would hardly ever turn off. That was the ONLY way we could get any sleep. Besides the noise, I would highly recommend bringing your own pillows (if for some reason you have to stay here!). They seriously have the worst pillows, I ended up sleeping without one - and I am not a picky pillow person at all.
This hotel was a complete disappointment - and we will never go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

The staff at the front desk was rude - especially John (he works evenings). I was overcharged on my credit card b/c I gave one to hold the hotel and then wanted to pay with a different card. John charged the card I held the hotel with even though I told him it was a different credit card. I showed him the error and then he bacame rude to me. He told me if would take a while to fix and I told him I would wait. He then said it would take hours. He later brought me paperwork w/ multiple transactions but they did not state whether the transactions were credits or charges. I told him I wanted confirmation numbers of the transactions and he told me the system was messed up and couldn't. The next day I checked out and I showed the woman at the desk the paperwork he had given me and she could not figure out what he did. She then charged my credit card again and I told her that I had been charged twice. She told me she would have the manager fix it. I requested that she call me to give me confirmation numbers of all transactions. She never called and b/f I left town from sports event I called the hotel. She told me it was taken care of but when I pressed for more information, she admitted that the manager hadn't been in and would not be in until Monday to take care of the multiple charges to my credit cards. I again asked that the manager call me on Monday and she never did. I called hotel at 8:00 pm and spoke to John - he was once again rude and hung up on me. The hotel was not like the pictures at all. You can tell that they are trying to make it appear upscale but it is not.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business