“Excellent Hotel”

Inn at Saint Mary's
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed two nights while spending time with family in South Bend. The hotel has been refurbished since oour last stay seven years ago and was even better this time.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are superb.

Breafast was included in the room rate and offered a very good selection (including cooked items) which was replenished very frequently so as to keep the food fresh.

The hotel is conveniently situated just off I80/90 and the 933 but the rooms are very quiet.

This is a great hotel and deserves its Trip Advisor excellence rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WizardBristol
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
What a compliment it is to receive such a great review from a Senior Contributor! We thank you and are so pleased you enjoyed the Inn at Saint Marry's!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful experience sand great shuttle service. I did not require a car rental. Bistro food excellent. Good proximity to campuses.
Staff at the desk were more than incredible. The breakfast was hot and plentiful.

Room Tip: Perfect very clean and any request were met.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in South Bend!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed here several times this past year+. I have always been satisfied with the service and quality of rooms. The location is close to many things and downtown. When tired, I have liked to eat at Bistro 933 which is 100 steps away where I have enjoyed good food and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Chrislew
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased you had a good experience at the hotel as well as the Bistro 933 restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Drove up from St Louis, From moment of check in to leaving, everything was perfect. Here for for a soccer weekend. The Breakfast Buffet was excellent for the boys each morning, nice to have a lounge to relax in the evening. Room was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Doug K,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Inn at Saint Mary's! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Clean, friendly and easy place to stay. The lobby/bar is very pretty. Rooms are somewhat basic but attractive and extremely clean. Every staff member we met was helpful and smiling. The free breakfast had hot and cold options. There are also bikes available and I believe some nice bike trails to ride.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel have prettier views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review! As a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor, this positive review means alot and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

great stay. we had three rooms for our munchkins grand parents, God-parents & aunts. clean and well-stocked. we were only there overnight but always stay here when possible. The breakfast buffet was also very nice.

Room Tip: we used our daughters' alumnae discount to save but would have stayed here for the convenience a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are so please you and your family enjoyed your overnight stay at the Inn at Saint Mary's! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here during a visit to Notre Dame. My preferred hotel is the Morris Inn, but unfortunately it was booked . . . .

I'll start by saying that the lobby is nice and the staff is incredibly friendly. My problem is with the guest rooms. I found my room to be drab. Everything from the bed linens to the bathroom fixtures seemed very old to me . . . to the point where I felt uncomfortable and "icky." For that reason, I tried to spend as much time away from the hotel as possible.

My room package came with a free breakfast. It was a totally disappointment. There was absolutely nothing available for someone like me who is health conscious. The choices included runny scrambled eggs, (what appeared to be) canned fruit, cold (yes, cold!) coffee, and hard-boiled eggs which were probably cooked earlier in the week. Had I known what to expect beforehand, I would have set my alarm 30 mins. earlier and driven to IHOP in Mishawaka.

Needless to say I'll never stay here again. Yes, it's close to Notre Dame; but if the Morris Inn is booked then I'll stay at a hotel in Mishawaka.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank irishbrahmin

Dear Irishbrahmin,
Thank you for the nice comments about our new Atrium and our friendly staff. I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your room or the breakfast and would like to discuss your experience in further detail if you wish. I can be reached at 574-232-4000.

We recently upgraded all of our bedding and are just about to complete the guest carpet replacement by the middle of July. The complimentary breakfast buffet offers gluten free options, soy milk, as well as fresh fruit. I do hope you will give us another chance.

kallsop@innatsaintmarys.com