“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lansing, Michigan
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our first time staying here and I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. Although we were here for only a short trip, our stay was great. The room was very clean and nice and the beds were very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning a great add on!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased your enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to share your experience.
Kim Allsop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our hockey team stayed at the Inn at Saint Mary's for a semi-state tournament. We were allowed the use of the LeMans room for our team meal. I got many positive comments from team parents about their hotel experience. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Several parents commented that the free hot breakfast buffet was the best free breakfast they ever had for the quality and selection of items. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you and your team enjoyed the Inn at Saint Mary's!
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I recently booked the Inn at Saint Mary's for 2 nights and had the best experience. The front desk welcomed me with friendly smiles and tons of knowledge about the area. The lobby bar was a great feature and the bartender was also very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Inn at Saint Mary's!
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just got back from S. Bend and another stay at this hotel. I won't be staying anywhere else either in the future because the staff here is so good! Even though I didn't arrive until after midnight, I was welcomed back by name and still given a free upgrade to a Jr. Suite. Parking was easy even though I arrived so late. The workout room and free breakfast are still the best in the area IMO. Great place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so pleased you enjoy the Inn at Saint Mary's!
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is very nice with professional staff that is helpful. We enjoyed our stay and found the hotel to be very well decorated, had a comfortable bed and quiet. Nice breakfast and evening chili for a late snack. We would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and would stay again while in town. Special thanks to the staff and manager for helping us with our situation. We were in town for a family emergency.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the tiime to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor! I am so gald we made your stay comfortable and enjoyable under the circumstances. We look forward to your return!
Kim Kudelka, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Inn at St. Mary's twice now. Both times the rooms have been very clean and very comfortable. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly, and the breakfast is actually a good one. The only issue we encounted dealed with booking the hotel through hotels.com. We ended up getting charged twice (once by the Inn and once by hotels.com) but the Inn at St. Mary's people were really nice and helpful with getting the charges removed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IASM, Revenue Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet. Unfortunately there were billing issues with the third party website but management was able to help you correct the issue. During your next booking process please contact the hotel directly or book on our website. Management and staff looks forward to working with you in the near future.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Inn at St. Mary's is a three star hotel property located across the street from the University of Notre Dame, at the exit from the Indiana Toll Road. The exterior has a fresh, modern look about it. The lobby is spacious, open and airy. The staff is prompt and courteous. The only issue I have with the hotel is the comfort of the beds (which was a major issue), which is why I rate this hotel Average instead of Excellent.

The rooms are what you would expect from a three star hotel ... small, efficient rooms ... minimal furniture ... bathroom that is small, but functional. The room was clean, but showed minor signs of wear ... nothing that would concern me given the rate and property category. The complementary wifi worked flawlessly, and the room was quiet.

My issue was the comfort of the bed. The bed was springy, and lacked support. So bad was the quality of the mattress that my body would actually sink into the mattress, but not in a comfortable, enveloping way. Rather, it was like falling through an open space in the mattress … clearly due to a cheap quality mattress. The mattress springs could be felt through the insufficient padding of the mattress. It was near impossible to find a comfortable sleeping position.

I really wanted to like this hotel. The friendly staff … the location … the look and vibe of the common spaces … the reasonable rate … seemed too good to be true. Unfortunately, when I lay down on my bed I realized it was too good to be true. My bed was so uncomfortable that I will likely stay elsewhere next time I’m in the South Bend area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank STP1606
Thank you for your recent visit. I am sad to hear the hotel beds were not comfortable to you. The Inn is currently in the process of replacing all king beds through out the hotel. I am interested in speaking with you about your stay. Please contact me directly at showell@innatsaintmarys.com.