A good vibe when you walk into the hotel- the foyer is open and inviting. The front desk staff (Sarah) was very accommodating and made sure we had adjoining rooms for our family. The breakfast was not your run-of-the-mill included breakfast. It was much better with omelettes, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, coffee, sausage, oatmeal, bacon, etc.- a real treat for the entire family.
The rooms were very clean. The best part was how close it was to Notre Dame and how you could avoid the hassle of trying to park your car on campus. You could actually walk to ND (20 minute walk) but the hotel had a free shuttle that dropped us off behind the library in the middle of the ND campus. Also, the ND bus system (the "sweep" bus) stops at the hotel area and costs only $1 buck and runs basically every 30 minutes or so and drops you off at 3 different locations on the ND campus. Great options for the back and forth.
The Fairfield Inn and newly renovated Morris Inn are certainly closer and more convenient no question. But my search going forward will also include the Inn at St. Mary's as its shuttle, the terrific included breakfast and the price point may tip the scales its favor on any given visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a boutique South Bend hotel, we at the Inn at Saint Mary's strive to provide our guests with specials and packages designed to provide the most memorable, unique experiences during your visit with us. With our serene location, surrounded by campus greens and luxurious amenities including INNJoy Café proudly serving all of your favorite handcrafted Starbuck's beverages and our Atrium Lounge with cleverly mixed cocktails. Offering packages that will appeal to and delight even the most discriminating South Bend traveler. Book your experience with us today! Located in historic South Bend, Inn at Saint Mary's is nestled on the campus of Saint Mary's College adjacent to the University of Notre Dame. From the moment you arrive at our luxurious boutique hotel via our complimentary airport shuttle, you'll admire our South Bend hotel's unique and stunning lobby … a treat for the senses, featuring soaring ceilings, curved walls. The newly opened INNJoy Café proudly serving all of your favorite handcrafted Starbucks beverages. INNJoy café is open daily at 6am and includes freshly baked pastries and scrumptious sandwich among other culinary delights. Our Atrium Lounge opens daily at 5 pm with local brews, regional wines, and smartly crafted cocktails, and iPad stations. Stretch out in superior luxury in one of our 150 nonsmoking rooms and suites - some with private Jacuzzis and personalized concierge service. Unwind in your luxurious South Bend hotel guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at Saint Mary's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Saint Mary`s Hotel South Bend
- Inn At Saint Mary`s Hotel And Suites
- Hotel At Saint Marys