“awesome stay”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Holland, Michigan
“awesome stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here during football weekend. Hotel is clean,comfortable and great value. The room was modern, flat screen tv, granite furnitur, nice pool. yummy breakfast in the morning was plus. Overall great hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

hotel is very accommodating in all ways, i stayed every week here, i feel like home here, i m writing this review because i feel all reviews given by couple people has some kind of issues, or might not given full detail,

Room Tip: higher floor rooms are quit bcoz nobody above you
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Gary s
DeWitt, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I would sleep in my car with my family before I stayed at this hotel again! I was in Training in South Bend for three weeks. I pre-paid to stay at the quality Inn for a total of 15 days/nights. Only once did house keeping ever come. That is one time of taking out the trash in three weeks. I had only one towel, and one wash cloth, Numerous time when I requested another, they said, "no cannot have more towel, you have student rate". There was an extreme language barrier... I requested my bed sheets be changed and I got the same response. On the Wednesday of week three, my room was smelly, my towels stale and my bed well slept in....I requested again and finally after a huge ordeal and a face to face confrontation at the front counter with the manager...., I was given one towel (no wash cloth or hand towel) and a stack of sheets to change my own bed...yes that is right I had to change my own bedding because they refused too because I was staying there at a student rate!!! I never did get my trash taken out, and was never given toliet paper, coffee for the coffee pot or even a trash bag to take the trash out myself...Not one time did they give me my 5 am wake up call, even though I physically requested one every single day. The breakfast was horrible, yes it was warm but it was powdered eggs/toast one week, and the next it was biscuits and gravy, and then it was eggs again. Waffle maker looked like it had never been cleaned so I opted out of that. Pool area was dirty and unmaintained, stains all over the hot tub and the weight room/work out room consisted of 3 pcs. of equipment. The photos on the website are completely fraudulant, this hotel looks completely unclean and not well maintain, but of course the photos do not dipicte that. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tammie C
ask4qinnsbn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
we have contract with the local company and their students stay with us. price negotiate in less then half. they get service once a week. if they want to bring their family members then they have to pay extra for them. she is one of the students wife and two kids. they swim and all fun in the hotel but refuse to pay extra money. hotel let them go with out payment. she did not pay any single penny out from her pocket for her stay. she is rude and cusing in lobby. hopefull we did not have kids around that time. all our staff was thank god she check out like feeling.
thank you for reading our side.
Mentone, California
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed three nights at this hotel in Oct 2011.
Staff was kind and helpful
Room spacious and had everything I needed.
Bathroom was OK, clean and spacious too.
Although facing the road in the back of the hotel, the room was very quiet.
Continental breakfast with bread, fruit, milk, coffee, waffles, juice, and pastries.
Basic exercise room with stationary bicycle, treadmill and something else.
Small indoor pool and jacuzzi.
Wireless Internet was fine, and there is a computer at the lobby for the public.

Good price/value balance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
sf
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Every place is premium -priced on game day - this hotel had great value even given that. We experienced loud and disorderly fans in our hallway at 3 a.m. After trying to talk to them, I gave up and called the front desk-not optimistic at what they could or would do. It was amazing - the staff got on this right away and the noise actually stopped. Best service ever!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wrensf
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Stayed here 3 days 2 nights for a wedding. Check in went smoothly. The room we got had two queen beds with four pillows each. Besides the corners of the room and bathroom the room we got was clean.

The AC however was terrible. It took around 6 hours for the room to get cool. During that span I was tempted to ask for another room, because at that time I thought the AC was not working, but we checked in so late and I didn't feel like moving all of our stuff to another room. By the next morning the room did cool down, from that point on we just left the AC on 24/7 and that kept the room cool. Also the free wireless internet access they advertise was non-existent for me. It must depend on what room you get. I couldn't access the internet from my room or from the hallway near my room (my room was located on the 2nd floor). Also for two of the days there was no cable. They do have an indoor pool but at the time we stayed there were around 20-30 little league baseball players running, jumping and making a mess everywhere as the indoor pool is right next to the office. I just brushed that off because at one point I was a little leaguer too, lol. Also our room was on the second floor, so I didn't hear the ruckus.

Another reviewer commented on how the key wouldn't work. The same thing happend to us. On the second day the key wouldn't work for us during the day-the first time I just shrugged it off, thinking it happens. However, it happened again when we got back from the wedding late at night and it was annoying to say the least. The second time I went to the front desk I had to wait there for 5 min and the desk attendent just casually came to the desk. The breakfast is of bad quality, I lost my appetite just looking at it. Biscuits hard, gravy watery and surfaces not clean.

At this hotel your happiness is going to depend on what room you get, it is an average kind of place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KNOX_ROX_BOSOX
jasonb-9
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The Manager was very helpfull in all areas to make sure my stay was good. From getting Taxi Service to suggesting a place to eat. Our rooms were clean and his staff was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family