DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aloft South Bend(South Bend)
View Hotel
Residence Inn South Bend(South Bend)
Morris Inn(South Bend)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treeparking garageriver viewcentury centerjoseph rivergreat hotelconvention centercookiesart museumwedding receptionwithin walking distancenotre damebreakfast buffetnice roombusiness tripnice stayfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in an excellent location with restaurants and entertainment in walking distance. Staff is very friendly and professional from the front desk to the restaurant to the housekeeping staff! Rooms are clean and comfortable. There was a fridge and a coffee maker in my room. I would have enjoyed a microwave and ordered less room service had i had one. Speaking of room service, the food was excellent and I had my dinner in 30 minutes every night. There is underground parking and above ground for oversized vehicles. The WiFi is free, but I used my hot spot so I don't know about its speed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the South Bend area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank janet s
Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you Janet for your taking the time to review your stay at our DoubleTree Hotel in South Bend. It is so rewarding to hear that you had a "Great Stay". We appreciate your comments regarding the staff being friendly & professional. We are so fortunate to have a great location downtown South Bend. Looking forward to your return visit. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your future travel. Thank you once again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We visited Notre Dame because my daughter was making her college decision and we wanted to get a feel for the town around the college. The staff at the Double Tree could not have been nicer or more accommodating. They drove us on multiple trips to and from ND. The room they provided for me and my daughter could not have been cleaner or more comfortable. We were upgraded to a king suite which was perfect for us because I had work to do after my daughter went to sleep. The breakfast at the restaurant was great--the best homemade biscuits and sausage gravy! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Foodiva665

Thank you for your complimentary review of our DoubleTree in South Bend. We are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. It is very rewarding to hear that our team took great care of you. It is also very exciting to share your review with our team. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you with your future travel to South Bend. Thank you.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The bed is very comfortable and clean. I had a King corner room that overlooked the river and road 933. The room was spacious. The room was noisy from street traffic until about 1am. The shower doors had finger prints and water streaks on them which I didn't notice until I got in the shower at 6am. If I had noticed the doors that evening I would have notified the staff. You're offered a cookie at arrival! Check in was very quick. Parking is $9/day.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you Stephanie for taking the time to review your stay at our DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton in South Bend. We are pleased to hear that you found your guestroom to be comfortable, clean, and spacious. We regret to hear that your stay was negatively impacted by the street noise and the cleanliness of the shower door. Your feedback is so valuable to us in training, and consistently making improvements to our product. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay here every month. Last month I had issues with the air conditioner noise, which was fixed after I complained. This month I had issues with the TV, and that was not fixed after 2 calls. Retsaurant isn't that great, but the hotel is in a great location and comfortable for the most part. Love the cookies.

Dear Michael,
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in South Bend. We are so glad to hear that you love our cookies and the hotel is comfortable. Please accept our apology for the problems you encountered with your guestroom TV and air conditioning noise. We regret any inconvenience and dissatisfaction this may have caused you. Your feedback is extremely important to us, as we continuously strive to improve our product and services. Please let me know if I can be of personal assistance with your future travel to South Bend. Thank you.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We book this hotel for all of our clients when they come in town. The service is wonderful and easy! We usually book go through Jennifer Stephens who is really friendly. Definitely recommend this hotel!