“South Bend, IN”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
South Bend, United States
“South Bend, IN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Location was good. Van pickup and delivery was great. The breakfast service was excellent with good choices and hot food. The view of the St Joseph Reiver was phenomenal. Very interesting to see all the runoff from recent snowfall.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our DoubleTree by HIlton hotel in South Bend. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our shuttle service, and the food in Baker's Bar & Grille. We agree that the view of the river is spectacular year round. We look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a clean hotel that is easy to get to from the north. The location is nice along the river. All of the staff is professional as would be expected from a higher level business hotel. The hotel bar and restaurant is good. The executive lounge is nice but I would recommend that the hot foods be kept hot and fresh. The gym is well equipped for a hotel facility. No need to go elsewhere for a workout. There are a couple local bars within walking distance if you want to get out for a while without driving now that the weather might be warming up. Overall a nice place that I will be going back to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for your review of our DoubleTree Hotel in South Bend. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, restaurant, and fitness center. We look forward to sharing your comments with our team regarding the cleanliness & our professional staff. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the executive lounge food. Your feedback is very important to us as we always seek to improve our product and services. If I can be of assistance with your return visits, please let know. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. My only complaint is that the room was next to a busy street and car and truck traffic were too loud. The hotel had good food and I liked the huge indoor atrium sitting area. The atrium aloud for someone to relax in the large area. The exercise facility was very nice, I was impressed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Richard for taking the time to share your experience at our DoubleTree Hotel in South Bend. We are glad to hear that you were impressed with our hotel. We are so sorry to hear that the noise from the street kept you awake. Maybe, an atrium side room would work better for you next time. We hope to serve you again soon. Thanks again.
South Bend, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The room is very clean and comfortable, and the service very courteous and friendly. I attended a student competition there and the price was special, so that was a plus as well. The food at the bar is very good, as well as the room service, which is also very fast! Would recommend it to anyone! Be aware of the one way exit at the parking lot, though!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Ana for your awesome review of your stay at our DoubleTree Hotel in South Bend. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time here and found the food good and the team friendly.
We look forward to serving you again. Thank you.
Marion, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is by far one of best hotels I've stayed in recently. The bathrooms even feature lighted mirrors. Staff was extremely helpful. Stick to bar food appetizers or ribs at the restaurant. My macaroni and cheese with chicken was flavorless. That is really my only complaint regarding this hotel. Otherwise, it is a gem!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience at our DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in South Bend. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found the staff to be very helpful. We apologize that the Macaroni & Cheese was not to your liking. Your feedback is so valuable to us as we seek to continuously improve. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you.
Royal Center, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I visited your hotel for a while on a Saturday for two reasons, 1) we want to stay at a nice hotel for a couple of nights soon and 2) my son loves elevators. The atrium is spacious and nice, however it's march..... Yet it had to be 80 degrees in there! And I know not many people care or notice stuff like this, but dry wall work around first floor stairs and ramp area was poor. Actually that whole area where the stairs, ramp, and first floor bathroom on the atrium side of the guest rooms was junk. Something in a beautiful atrium as thus should not look as if a drunk guy could fall right through it on his way to the toilet. Also, I am not sure how you took a five story building and squeezed four more floors out of it. Did not notice until my son and I arrived at the ninth floor via the elevator. The doors opened and I suddenly felt like I was walking into a toy play set... Barbie style. Weird. I'm not like some giant and am 6'2". The elevators are nice. I would also add that though your establishment claims to be nonsmoking... Some one.... Somewhere... Smoked. It could have been moments ago or dare I say... Years ago. Anyways, for the price it might be a tuffy. Can't totally say since we did not stay in a room. Over all, we had a nice visit, I might add that the employees at the Starbucks were very nice, even though my son was going bananas. So on our way across the street to the candy store, I turned around and said to myself.. " goodbye tiny hotel."

Room Tip: If you are seven feet or taller, walk on knees.
Green Features: Cooling that amount of glassed-in space during the summer must be a beoch hence the price of the rooms?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
chevy chase md, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

1. Our stay was OK....but the loud Party Saturday night was very aggravating....if we wanted that, we would have requested a room over the bar...this poor sllep evening resulted in THE POOR RATING FOR SLEEP QUALITY. 2. I BEGRUDGE you charging us parking fees....I THINK THEY SHOULD BE PROVIDED WITHOUT COST..... and even if you insist on charging, reduce your extraordinarily high rates....made us feel the only thing important to you was the money and not your customers comfort and pleasant stay.....THIS IS WHY I RATED THE VALUE AS POOR. 3.DUE TO THE ABOVE, I rated YOUR SERVICE AS AVERAGE......AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD KNOW, WE WILL LOOK FOR OTHER LODGING IN SOUTHBEND ON OUR RETURN TRIPS.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Ray F,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton South Bend. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We're sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by the noise from the party and you felt our parking rates were to high. I assure you our rates are comparable to other lots in the downtown area. We have shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to South Bend.

Thank You!