“Stayed for BYU Football Weekend”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay at the DoubleTree when we were in for the BYU/Notre Dame football weekend. Unfortunately, I saw more of the hotel room than I might have wished--as I had a gallbladder attack and was confined to the room from Friday night to Sunday check out. I can vouch that the beds were very comfy, loved the bedding, great pillows and nice HDTV. Room was nicely decorated, I appreciated the real and full power hair dryer and the free wifi was strong. Yes, I didn't make it to the football game. But, my husband did and here is an extra benefit to this hotel--they will take you to the stadium in the hotel shuttle at no cost up to 2 hrs before the game and pick up starting 2 hrs after the game. Or, you can walk 2 blocks and take the shuttle bus run by the city. But the timing worked great for my husband as he went to Mass after the game and the 2 hrs was up, he called the hotel and they came to pick him up at the ND bookstore like the other shuttles. Hotel is downtown and walking distance to restaurants. Starbucks onsite was also appreciated by hubby. Staff was friendly, no complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: You can hear a bit of noise coming up from the atrium on the rooms on the side facing the atrium.i
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Doubletree provided a good rate for a block of rooms for my daughter's wedding guests. We enjoyed the pool and exercise center. Excellent service and good restaurant, with a room that can be used for family get-togethers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was not at the hotel very long, but I received great service while I was there. All my questions were answered about where things were. I really enjoyed my stay. The room was very comfortable and the staff were very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I live in this town and have never been here. We had our office party stay since our Christmas Party was close by. I was very impressed with everything and everyone. Check in was easy. All the staff could not have been more accommodating every stop of the ways. I will definitely use this hotel again next year, and refer anyone I know that is coming into town to stay there. You never know what you have in your own hometown. If you have any reason to come to South Bend, I highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Lovely and updated accommodations. The hotel is within walking distance of many city attractions and restaurants. The hotel restaurant t serves a great breakfast buffet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Love the warm chocolate chip cookies!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor away from the atrium since it is often busy with events. The city views from...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of our South Bend DoubleTree Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and our friendly staff. We all love the warm DoubleTree cookie too! We look forward to serving you again. Thank you.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay except for the dining. Food wasn't that great and service was terrible. Room was nice and beds were comfortable. Atrium setting was very nice. Enjoyed the Starbucks. Pool setup was nice. I would recommend staying here, but walk to one of the local restaurants for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our DoubleTree Hotel and Baker's Restaurant in South Bend. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, the beds, pool, & Starbucks. However, it is distressing to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in the Restaurant. Please accept our sincere apology. We would welcome the opportunity to make it right. You can contact me at 574-245-7259. Thank you.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The extensive 2-year renovation of this hotel has resulted in modern comfortable rooms and room furnishings and a culinary and architecturally distinctive restaurant, Baker's. The renovation complements the soaring glass and steel atrium. And this is where the Fighting Irish stay the Friday night before home games!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business