All reviews notre dame front desk mary's college room was clean family wedding very nice hotel would stay here again great place to stay chad hgi bistro bend campus lobby gillespie whirlpool housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2015

Staff was pleasant and very helpful. Food and service was exceptional. Had requests and a problem which was addressed immediately to my satisfaction. I rate this hotel very highly in all areas, and will definitely use them in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HiltonGardenInnSB, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2016

Thank you for your excellent words on your stay with us. I am pleased that your experience provided for a 5 star rating! We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to our area. Thank you again for the great rating.

Reviewed February 21, 2015

The staff was very welcoming. The hotel offers lots of nice touches like a hospitality table with punch and cookies, and our room was so comfortable. The manager was extremely helpful when we inquired about booking rooms for the future. I will stay here often!

1  Thank Jihoessivey

Thank you for the wonderful words on your stay with us. I am happy the hotel provided for a great and comfortable stay. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed February 19, 2015

We were quite pleased with all aspects of our visit to this Hilton Garden Inn. I am a frequent traveler with high expectations. This property delivers on all levels. I will recommend this location to both business colleagues and family alike.

1  Thank 343zacharyd

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. We appreciate the recommendation and are grateful to be your lodging choice while visiting the South Bend area. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

Booked this for a long weekend hockey tournament. Upon checkin was told we would not be on the same floor as the rest of the team. I asked to be moved and Olivia was very accomodating, putting me on the same floor as the team. When we took our bags to our room, unfortunately it wasn't clean. I went back down to the front desk and they apologized profusely about the unclean room and upgraded my room right then and there!!! They put us in a jr. suite on the same floor as our team. That is excellent customer service! Olivia is a gem and should be given a raise! I didn't have time to become unhappy, Olivia turned a potentially bad situation around to a good one.

The room was beautiful as was the lobby. The coffee/tea/water bar set up in the lobby was great as well. You can really sit down and relax in this lobby. The pool was also very nice. It was a great stay and I would gladly stay there again!!

1  Thank margaretb723

Thank you for the recognition of one of our amazing team members. We do appreciate your comments and are so glad Olivia was able to turn your day around. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

We placed a reservation online, when we got to the hotel two hours later they said our room had been given away. We were given a larger room, that reeked of cigarette smoke. There were no other rooms in the hotel, and there was a blizzard, so we had no choice but to stay. We paid over $200 for a smokey room. There were also 4 boys floor hockey teams staying that evening. The unsupervised 11-14 year olds ran rampant around the hotel, knocking on doors and running away. Worst. night. sleep. ever.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kory D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

I apologize you did not have a good experience while staying at our hotel.

Please contact me directly at, 574-232-7700.