“Great stay. Exactly what looking for.”

Sleep Inn South Bend
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Coopersville, Michigan
“Great stay. Exactly what looking for.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were looking for a clean, reasonable hotel in South Bend that had a pool and a breakfast that was a bit more than continental. We got everything we were looking for here, plus very pleasant customer service. The pool is small but very clean and perfect for our youngish children. We will be back. :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Erin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were traveling through South Bend hoping to find a hotel after 10 hours of travel and the Sleep Inn was right there. It was not right off the expressway but easy to find and thankfully had a room for us and our pet. The customer service was wonderful at 11:00pm and our room was pleasant, clean and a comfortable temperature. We secured the AAA discount and it was a super value close to the airport. They have a wonderful breakfast with many hot items and attentive staff. Thank you for the nice place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Kgplough
New York
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything was great. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The morning breakfast was very good as well. No complaints!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RacerDad0
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We've stayed there several times on our way from the Twin Cities home In PA. Very pleasant, very cordial staff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidsPittsburgh_PA
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My first impression was how hospitable the staff was. I think they are one of the most polite and respectful hotel staffs I have encountered. We were there for one leg of our family vacation. The hotel and rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. The only down side was the indoor pool was cold as ice, even on a 90+ degree day. We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again next time we are in that area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marybelle42
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We requested 2 queen beds in a nonsmoking room. I printed my confirmation showing the same. I thought that this would be a nice place to rest in the middle of a long drive and upon our arrival was happy with the outward appearance of the hotel. However, the clerk at the front desk informed me that his system indicated that we had requested a King room with a pull out couch.
Knowing this was incorrect, I showed him my confirmation and his response was basically “oh well”. Upon entering our room, already not pleased, we discovered that the room we were assigned used to be a smoking room and smelled terribly of smoke. I again called the front desk and informed the clerk of our concern over the smell. He informed me that all the rooms are now non-smoking (as of June 1) and that room was all he had available. No apology or concern. I had doubts that the hotel was at 100% capacity, as the parking lot was no were near full and the hallways and pool were quiet. I’ve been to other hotels where they bend over backwards to please the customer. Definitely not the case here. Thank goodness none of us had asthma because that room smelled so strongly of smoke that it lingered in my clothing and suitcase the rest of the weekend.

This hotel itself was nice. The room, apart from smelling like a cigarette, was clean and would have been comfortable- had we had the right beds! I am disappointed by how we were treated. A simple and genuine “I’m sorry” or “Let me see what I can do” would have gone a long way. But instead we were shown an indifferent attitude. If you chose this hotel, I would call before you get there any make sure you get what you request.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After a stressful day finishing packing for my trip, I made sure to bring a cup of bath salts for the tub. It was well worth the extra cost.
One thing I never commented on before, is that they have 24/7 coffee in the lobby, as well as a coffeemaker in the room.
The hotel is just as great as other times, the Jacuzzi is a big plus, I soaked in it for a good half hr.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo