“Over priced for what we got”

Sleep Inn South Bend
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Virginia
“Over priced for what we got”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

At least the sheets were clean on the bed. No smoking hotel but hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Guests sitting in stairwells smoking. Fridge dirty, coffee pot broken. Pictures removed from walls and dark outline of frame left. $145 for one night - but we had to stop after 11 hour trip heading West. All other hotels book due to Freshman move in for Notre Dame and St Mary's. We felt like price was jacked up precisely due to lack of vacancy in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank EcKcTrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and went out of the way to be helpful. Although it wasn't the easiest place to find, once there it was great stop for a road trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was a nice hotel to stay in - nothing fancy, but it was nice and clean with plenty of space for my wife and I plus our 2 kids. Breakfast was a little sparse, but it did have Eggs, Sausage, Muffins and Bagels - a nice start to the day. It had a small pool - nice for the kids and since the hotel was not crowded - it worked well for the family. The only 2 issues were that the beds were a little soft for our tastes and the door keys needed to be reset multiple times - 1 of them just did not seem to want to work. Overall - we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaulee
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Easy to find off major Interstate. Friendly staff, clean room, good food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
coldwater
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The hotel was nice enough BUT beware of park n fly. Ryan would not come get us as it was after 10:00 pm. We had been thru a tornado in Ohara airport.In fact they closed the airport.We had to take a bus to south bend airport and it was still raining.We were out of money as everyone wanted cash.No taxis so my husband walked the 1 mile in the rain to get our car.We paid extra for this service and no one will answer my calls.So BEWARE of staying at the sleep Inn

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bevColdwater
member66, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn South Bend, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
We appreciate your feedback! I apologize that hotel was unable to pick you up at 1 AM in the morning. Please understand, for guest convenience hotel offers shuttle hours from 4am-10pm. After 10 pm, if guest is arriving at the Airport and hotel is informed in advance, we make arrangement with taxicab. As the airport is closed from mid-night - 4 am, most hotels in the area that provides shuttle do not have driver on duty.
Please contact me personally next time and I will ensure you will be picked up upon arriving at the airport. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to accommodate you again.
Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We were in attendance for the WKA Manufactureres Cup Series event at Michiana Raceway Park April 28th through May 1st. There were several area choices for us for lodging, though after some quick research I decided upon this property. I am sure glad I did! Pleasant experience from the moment of check-in all thr way through our final day and checkout. We had three rooms booked, with two guests in each room- and all had pleasing coments on this hotel.

Breakfast offerings were acceptable, pool area was nice. Staff was cordial and informative. Rooms were all in good shape and the overall appearance of this facility was well kept. Pricing for our rooms was fair.

Good for business, solo traveler, family. We'll book rooms here again for our next trip to South Bend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I needed a 'park and fly' hotel that would let me keep my car for over a week. I found Sleep Inn,and it was perfect! The rate was cheaper than the long term parking at the airport.
The plus to me, is that my flight left at 6am, and they have their own shuttle to the airport (free). Instead of waking up at 3am to sleepily make my 45 minute drive from home, I slept in until 4am. Then to be dropped off in front of the terminal was fantasic...no dragging my luggage 100 feet.
The parking lot is monitored by cameras which is a plus.
The staff was great and friendly.
Melanie