“Nice Irish Pub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fiddler's Hearth Public House

Fiddler's Hearth Public House
Ranked #2 of 292 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Pub staff was friendly, food and live music were good and was a short walk from the Oliver Inn. Would recommend.

Visited August 2014

Elkhart
“Used to be my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I used to love fiddlers hearth but my last two visits were disappointing. Firstly, they don't serve imported cider anymore. Whatever cider they have now is no good. I took family there in June and the fries were all old and the fish was just ok.

“So yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

I went for lunch on a Sunday and the food was so awesome. There was a brunch option but I decided to order off the menu instead and I was not disappointed. The Boxty Pancake with bbq pork was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. There was a couple playing music while were were there that really added to the experience.

The only concern I have is that our server wasn't great. It seemed like the other servers in the restaurant were on top of their tables.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
North Liberty, Indiana
“Not getting any better....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

It used to be that the service was terrible now the food isn't much better. The fish and chips are normally quite good but yesterday the fish was crispy on the outside but wet in the middle. It was if the fish was defrosted and was still full of water when they battered it. The smoked salmon salad was pretty good except there were far too may capers on it. They no longer have imported cider. Not sure how that happened. The cider they do have (Crispin) is way too sweet. Crispin actually have an imported cider but this is not what is served. Not sure why a Celtic pub wouldn't have imported cider. They didn't even have Newcastle Brown :(
We decided to give them another try as we had heard our favorite waitress had returned. She wasn't there but the waitress we did have was so much better than many of the others we've had in the recent past. So the service was better but the food not so much. I don't think we'll be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
South Bend, Indiana
“One of the best restaurants in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

What can I say, the food always comes out awesome (with the exception of grabbing food during rush hour), the atmosphere is always nice, and the food is relatively cheap. Oh and Wednesday night open mic is awesome :)